intercooler

146matty

Hello :)

Dont fancy myself a front mount im not going to be running enough power to need one so was wondering if you can get a uprated one for where the original one is mounted or if anyone has discovered one off another car that fits ?

Don't think any off the shelf updated smic fit they're for the golfs or the 1.8 turbos so would require quite abit of fabrication work in which case it would be cheaper to get a fmic. Think the most cost effective thing to do is the pikey arch mod where you put a vent in the arch liner to allow the heat to escape

They fit mk4 golf chassis cars..

Not the fabia/ polo/ ibiza ;)

There are a few threads on here about upgraded smic + they all come to the same conclusion.. none fit the fabia

Edited by mattvrestate

it says it fits asz ... surely you could just make some brackets for it

ASZ was used in the mk4 golf aswell as other VAG models.. it doesnt fit into the space iirc on the fabia.. speak to the lads at darkside + they will tell u exactly y it wont fit :)

If your not running enough power to warrent a fmic... why do you warrent enough for a side mount upgrade ???

I might be abit slow and drousey but seem to be contridicting yourself lol

Put somr holes in your wheel arch to allow the air to flow. Thats all I done. Made my car smoke less. So must have worked