just bought Fabia Vrs. help!

d3m4no1d

Hi guys. I just bought a Vrs 55 reg that had done 71,000 miles. Been looking on here for awhile. Nothing had been coming up. Hope hope you guys agree I got an alright deal. Also it has remapping done.

Two things I realised. The suspension is terrible. Every time I would go over a bump I'd feel it in my spine. Is this normal or is there something wrong with it?

Also the stereo wont come on. I didnt check when I bought it. My bad. I tried on the way home and it doesnt do anything I dont know how to switch it on. Its not indicating anything. Is it broken?

Sorry for being slow this is my first Fabia and I really dont know much apart from what I have tried to read up on here.

I paid £3,800. Is the volume the circular two inch dial in the middle? It goes around but doesnt press. Its flat and just allows me to slide it both clockvise and anti clockwise

thats in the off position if it is flat.

when you push it, it should come out about 5-10mm and then the radio will be on

• Like 1

what gfwc said about the radio

with regards to the suspension it could be anything.

It could just be that the standard supsension is just past I replacemt mine at around 100k and the springs were compressed and the dampers not damping anymore.

Less extreme it could be knackered bushes maybe, or given the remap maybe the previous owner has but on stiffer lower suspension, or a strut brace (front or rear or both)?

The Fabia VRS suspension is generally stiffer than the normal Fabia models, but not spine compressing though.

Does it handle OK when cornering, no sign's of loss of control on the steering wheel? 

These little beauties are prone for front suspension console bush wear, (fitted in the alloy wishbone at the front, each side).

As to the radio/CD main centre button, push button in to switch radio/CD on, button should pop-out, then use button for volume control.

Push the button in, to switch the radio/CD off.