ESP Light ?

cl10

The esp light came on with my Mk V Golf. It meant the ABS pump had failed. This was after 7 years and 80,000 miles. The cost of this is approx. £1300 but as the car had a full VAG service history including all brake fluid changes Volkswagen paid for it all, it is not uncommon. I would like to add this is the only issue I have had with the Golf..... :happy:

abs%20pump.jpg

Edited by looby

After battery disconnection my last yeti threw a selection of warning lights which went away as soon as I drove a few yards. My Leon had done the same and prepared me! In each case I'd replaced the grubby felt battery wrapping with the Mkv Golf plastic enclosure. I'm afraid your symptoms with the bulb failure lights sounds like an electrical disturbance and the fact that you've been engaged in towbar work is the likely reason.I would see if the display recovers normality with some gentle driving.though.