Fitting power cable in a 2000 fabia 1.4 16v

Hi, I've been reading this guide on how to fit power cable. However i'm having some basic problems. I can't find the grommet mentioned in step 7 and in step 11 where the right arrow is pointing there appears to be a rectangular hole. In my fabia there is no hole. Any ideas?

For me, I tried to squeeze my 4awg next to the washer hose for the rear wash/wipe, but it wouldn't fit, so I took a mutha of a drill bit and drilled a fresh hole behind the glovebox through to the engine bay. Brutal, but effective. :D

The reason I drilled as well was due to lack of grommet, or the one being there was too tight as I said. If you do, be careful not push too hard when you "break" through. There's various gubbins there (I inspected damn carefully before starting to drill :))

Any chance of some photos, i'm really struggling here :)

Where is the washer hose. Tbh I have no idea what goes on under the bonnet. Just a bunch of cables and the thing which makes it go forwards :lol: :confused:

Way ahead of you :) So the huge chunk of metal seperating me from the engine is called a bulkhead, you learn something new every day :)

I have about 5 minutes ago discovered one of the mystery grommets. being a black car and very dirty it was pretty difficult. Anyway power is into the car. It is not quite into the engine bay yet though. There is another thin piece of metal blocking it's way. I'm covered in soot and bleeding so s

Well I finally found the mystery grommet. The first grommet all you lucky vRS owners have isn't on mine though. I have no idea why but my engine bay is different to the one featured in the power cable guide. I drilled a hole in the thin piece of metal (no idea what its called) and now all is happy. All cables stealthed away, ipod mounted in glove box. Tommorow finishing touches and running speaker cable down the drivers side :D

If anyones interested I'll put some piccies up.

Glad to hear you managed your install to your satisfaction. Some pics would be great to see.!

Well I finally found the mystery grommet. The first grommet all you lucky vRS owners have isn't on mine though. I have no idea why but my engine bay is different to the one featured in the power cable guide. I drilled a hole in the thin piece of metal (no idea what its called) and now all is happy. All cables stealthed away' date=' ipod mounted in glove box. Tommorow finishing touches and running speaker cable down the drivers side :D

If anyones interested I'll put some piccies up.[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I've been reading this[/b'] guide on how to fit power cable. However i'm having some basic problems. I can't find the grommet mentioned in step 7 and in step 11 where the right arrow is pointing there appears to be a rectangular hole. In my fabia there is no hole. Any ideas?

This was on a VRS??? dont know if the 1.4 is the same. Nice to know someone is using the guide, made me :D

I'll get some photos up later. It is imo a good job well done :D I plan to take it all out at the weekend and redo the boot though :eek: :D I plan on putting the amps beneath the false floor so that I have boot space available for essentials, like beer.

Oh forgot to add. The grommit in this photo http://www.jonesj.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ICE/Power%20Lead/slides/000_0429.html is the one I didn't have. A couple of minutes with a nice drill and I voila, the hole appears :D

• 1 year later...