Removing Fuel

glenn_btn

why do people still think modern cars tanks contain this fabled ****e in the bottom?

back in the mid nineties maybe, these days, no chance.

You might be right, i dont know. Im more into bikes, and it defo does exist in the metal tanks on bikes. As for cars, i dno then :).

Sorry for the off-topic but any ideas how I can get to the chunk of pasty that fell down the side of the passenger seat 2years ago? I'm due to trade the car in and I'm thinking that bit of Cornish grub would make a good snack and I don't want the dealer getting their hands on it! ;-) lol

• Like 2

I'm sure there's a Skoda Approved Pasty Catcher in the accessory catalogue, that might help for future purchases.

Could always go for one of these instead of mats next time you buy a car.

• Like 1

We are being very cruel to the poor chap.  Could be worse!  He could've been asking how to drain the windscreen washer fluid and take a litre of oil out of the sump.

Or maybe he managed that without needing any help

• Like 2

You might be right, i dont know. Im more into bikes, and it defo does exist in the metal tanks on bikes. As for cars, i dno then :).

so am i, just rebuilt my 7r ready for summer. 

certainly more prevalent on bikes with the location of the filler cap being prime suspect i guess. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there's a Skoda Approved Pasty Catcher in the accessory catalogue, that might help for future purchases.

Could always go for one of these instead of mats next time you buy a car.

would be a bit pasty-faced after eating a bit of two year old pasty tho

why do people still think modern cars tanks contain this fabled ****e in the bottom?

back in the mid nineties maybe, these days, no chance.

Off topc slightly, but take it you haven't seen in many modern car fuel tanks then! The stuff you'll find is variable but usually consists of water, strange white globules, dirt particulates. Nearly all that comes from the fuel you put in including some of the water. However, much of the water is formed from condensation which like all water, sinks to the bottom of the tank. It gradually builds but eventually gets sucked into fuel filter and the water, into the engine. That's death to a diesel so it gets trapped in the diesels fuel filter by design. Edited by Estate Man

My old mans Leon fr tdi had petrol put in it and we had to drain the tank, I was shocked what was found in the tank on a car not even 3 years old. The water particles were the most obviously, quite a lot of them separated in there, looks like loads of little bubbles in the bottom and then tiny little bits of grit grime sat in the bottom of the fuel once drained. Best not to give an opinion if your not sure of the answer yourself, doesn't matter how new the car is, the fuel itself can carry contaminants and then grime and grit gets in from around the filler cap as you put the nozzle in, might not seem a lot but over a couple of years can mount to enough crap to be potential dangerous or at the very least a ball ache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Swy its always a good idea to replace the fuel filter, even as much as once a year! It takes ten mins in the Fabia, and costs about £15 from those well known car parts retailers, especially if they have promo codes. I would buy their best ones, once a year, rather then a VAG one, every four years, at four times the cost as you will get less fuel flowing on a clogged up fuel filter.