Enabling refuel quantity in the maxidot

How come there are all these extra hidden features that are not enabled as standard when, as far as I am aware, there is no official after sales or dealer options enticing you to part with extra cash to have them enabled?

• Like 2

How come there are all these extra hidden features that are not enabled as standard when, as far as I am aware, there is no official after sales or dealer options enticing you to part with extra cash to have them enabled?

Exactly....but isn't it great that you have members parting with all this lovely information.

This is what a good forum is all about. A very big thanks to the kind fellows mentioned above. We all know who I am referring too.

Edited by panmat
  • Like 2

How come yours is reading in litres?

When I enabled this on mine it was in gallons and was also wildly inaccurate, so I turned it off again.

Not sure as my consumption is in MPG I guess there must be an adaptation to change it.

Because although we often measure fuel consumption in MPG, we "have" to purchase fuel in litres?

DC

Not quite what I was asking, I enabled this on my car a couple of months ago and the display on mine showed the refuel quantity in gallons, not litres. I can't see a setting to change it anywhere either.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

As I understand displaying refuel quantity in maxidot is not a "hidden" function as it can be set via car settings in columbus. (Car -> settings -> multifunction display). See user's manual for columbus system, p.79. Also checked the manuals and It's the same with Amundsen and Bolero.

Didn't pick up my new octy yet, so can't say if it's true, but it'll be nice if someone could check it.

As I understand displaying refuel quantity in maxidot is not a "hidden" function as it can be set via car settings in columbus. (Car -> settings -> multifunction display). See user's manual for columbus system, p.79. Also checked the manuals and It's the same with Amundsen and Bolero.

Didn't pick up my new octy yet, so can't say if it's true, but it'll be nice if someone could check it.

It is hidden in the UK, certain things in the manual are only available in certain markets.

It is hidden in the UK, certain things in the manual are only available in certain markets.

So, how can you know prior to ordering a car what functions described in the manual your car will support (except of course those part of additional options). Looks like what you see (in the manual) is not everytime what you get with your car.

I'm now getting worried what other functions will be missing when i get my car. It'll be a surprise obviously :think:

So, how can you know prior to ordering a car what functions described in the manual your car will support (except of course those part of additional options). Looks like what you see (in the manual) is not everytime what you get with your car.

You can't really.

• 7 months later...

I add refuel quantity via vcds in my Elegance 1.6 diesel but I get three bars (no number at all)

It counts 5 litres at time so you will get 3 bars until you've used 5 litres and it'll need a full refuel to give you an actual real-ish reading.

• 4 months later...

How come yours is reading in litres?

When I enabled this on mine it was in gallons and was also wildly inaccurate, so I turned it off again.

Interesting (but not surprising)

I did mine a couple of weeks ago (set to litres so I don't have to worry about converting to gallons / vice versa) to see how accurate it is when I refill.  I'm not expecting miracles !!

I have this enabled on mine I bought vcds as soon as I ordered my car. I have footwell lights installed on mine for a tidy sum of £30 and a bit of hard work I have also enabled high beam assist witch is a £300 option if my memory is correct.

• 1 year later...

I've done this mod in my OIII RS and it seems to work without any problem. I did it with the OBDEleven, as an application it didn't work then I did it through Extended Coding, it worked fine at first... but then... the TPM gave an error which I can't remove at all, well, not exactly at all, I can remove by disabling the TPM which is not my idea.

Anyone found that problem? And the most important thing, does anyone knows how to solve it?  :sweat:  :sweat: