I'm joining the MkII club!

Happy new year folks!

In the past year where I have run around my perfect Fabia Mk1 TDI, I have been saving up my funds month on month. My Fabia has recently developed a problem which even though probably could be fixed, has given me the motivation to buy new and not need to worry as much :)

So yesterday, it was off to the showroom! I saw on the internet a Pre-reg Monte Carlo Tech Black Edition Estate (what a mouthful!) with the 1.6CR TDI. Unfortunately they didn't have it in then, so we looked around. They did have a black edition tech hatch in TSI which sparked an idea. I asked for a test drive in the 1.2 tsi, not that car, but same engine, and I liked it. However i then asked for a test in the 1.6TDI to make an informed the decision and I easily preferred the diesel.

So, after negotiating numbers I have placed an order on condition of viewing the actual car and the mileage (since it's still a demo owned by Skoda which can't be released yet). I'm absolutely over the moon and can't wait to get it late February!

One thing I want to ask - I have asked the dealer to make sure there is mats in there and when I see them next will ask for the needle sweep etc to be activated to my preference. Is there anything else I should ask for at this time? Or look out for? This is my first time buying new and it's a whole different experience!

Thanks!

• Like 2

Good choice.

One thing though.

Are they taking the car out the showroom now and putting it in the pound until the end of its life a a Demonstrator,

(3 months)

or is it going to sit as a display model with hundreds of people climbing in and out it for the next 8-9 weeks?

(maybe no big deal, but it is nice if they put the car away now, you can get amazing wear and tear with Showroom cars.)

Maybe see if they have a used Spare Wheel/Tyre around that they will put in the car, & a Jack.

Are they going to put VED on it for 12 months from March?

EDIT, LOL at me,

,forget that, only £20 a year. Just Wunderbah.

?? Is a 1.2 TSI 105 ps £105 a year VED compared to a 1.6 TDI CR @ £20 ?

george

Yeah £20 a year isn't bad so I'm not bothered. To be fair I've asked a lot of him and he was absolutely cracking throughout the process, was new to the Skoda brand by a few weeks but certainly knew what he was talking about.

I'm going to see the car on Saturday to make sure I'm happy with it. He's promised that it will be kept out of sight and only used if a customer wants to try a certain engine in a certain car. Understanding the great deal I've got, I can't ignore the fact that he does have to make use of that car if needs be too. So I'm taking down the mileage and he's going to hopefully keep to his side. The order does say subject to demonstration mileage, so I'm happy. :)

EDIT: yes, the 1.2 TSI is £105

Edited by iSamage
  • Like 1

Demonstration mileage is 3,000 miles,

or the car Registered & kept for 3 months before sale. So you are doing a deal on one they have for 3 months.

That is why Sales people drive Demonstrators as their Company Car, get the mileage up and the car sold, or for sale,

cheaper vehicle to them from the manufacturer, and a better profit.

Congratulations on your new purchase! Good to hear that some people do still live in the real world. You wanted a deal (understandably so, who doesn't) but you also so understand a compromise along the line has to be taken, pat yourself on the back iSamage, for that thinking you deserve a deal and the dealer sounds like they will have a good customer provided they hold there end of the deal and looker after you during your ownership. Enjoy and keep us posted when you get it!

Good choice

The fabia estate is a skinny car so easy to park & squeeze through gaps, but then when you need to load it up it is quite a cavernous unit inside & then the roof rails come in handy too.

Just a nice little practical car.

There aren't too many gadets on the monte, i do miss cruise control, but apart from that then it adds to the whole basic but simple outlook & i suppose theres less to therefore go wrong.

Check that it doesnt come with dunlop tyres re the pull to the left thing thats going on, my estate came with continentals.

& enjoy :)

All cars with Dunlops do not pull to the left, if they were why would they still be fitting them.

If the car is a Demonstrator and already Road Registered, you just drive it and see how it behaves,

if it misbehaves you point that out and say it needs put right.

If they deliver you a new one, you do the same,

leave it with them until the car behaves as it should, safely.

I personally went for the estate because it looks more "the business" rather than a little hot hatch. Plus, from day one I wanted the 1.6CR engine and there isn't any techs left with that engine apart from a couple of estates. I saw a black edition monte tech hatch and fell in love with how "mean" the front end looked. I definitely wanted the tech for a few reasons - the residuals on the included gadgets and service offers to name a couple.

I do already have the Dunlop tyres in the back of my mind, I'll take it for a drive when I see it. If it drives fine even on Dunlops ill be happy, at the end of the day if I have any problems I can take it to be looked at. Such a relief to say that after having two second hand cars!

I think 3,000 miles is what they set the limit at on the order so that's a relief too! I keep having to tell myself this is actually going to happen :D

• Like 1

It is Black Edition 'Tech',  or  Monte Carlo 'Tech' Black Edition,

the Monte Carlo 'Tech' were painted in White or Red and these are painted Black.    I love how Skoda think.  Call it like it is.

All these Audi and Mercedes 'Black'  Editions in a choose of various colours confuse us simple country boys.

PS

I wonder if they will do a Monte Carlo 'Tech' 'Tech Edition' painted in Tech Grey..

(But they already do Fabias in Tech Grey, it is just they just call it Meteor Grey.)

Amazing value on the 'Tech', and nice car as an 'Estate Tech'.

Been looking this week at Rapid Spacebacks,  122ps DSG,  Not Rapid or much space or very good handling, & not cheap.

If they think getting to Twenty Grand and above for those in any decent spec in the UK is going to be a hit,

i think they are dreaming.

Skodas are getting rather Expensive all round.

Overpriced by quite a bit IMHO.

Fabias as MK2's are still a bargain. No doubt Skoda will start hiking 'Up!/Mii/Citigo' prices once the Skoda Mk 3 Maybia arrives.

Fabias as MK2's are still a bargain. No doubt Skoda will start hiking 'Up!/Mii/Citigo' prices once the Skoda Mk 3 Maybia arrives.

According to the guy I spoke to, he's heard a few rumours of Fabia prices going up this week. Not sure whether to believe that or not.

Congrats on the purchase! What's the "black edition"? - not come across that yet.

What level of discount did you get on the demo car?

List price was 10980. 3 years free servicing (not normally applicable since it's not classed as a "new" car). 203.01 PCM. And a tank of diesel :D not that much discount off the car itself, but for what it is I am NOT complaining 10980 for all that kit when a standard monte is just shy of 15k even though it's on 0% finance instead of the 7.9% for me.

According to the guy I spoke to, he's heard a few rumours of Fabia prices going up this week. Not sure whether to believe that or not.

List price was 10980. 3 years free servicing (not normally applicable since it's not classed as a "new" car). 203.01 PCM. And a tank of diesel :D not that much discount off the car itself, but for what it is I am NOT complaining 10980 for all that kit when a standard monte is just shy of 15k even though it's on 0% finance instead of the 7.9% for me.

Sounds like a reasonable deal. Just looked at the skoda website looks like a new Fabia monte tech estate Tdi is 13545 or thereabouts. The APR is abit of a bummer tho. Did you get any quotes with the 0% to compare?

Got a call yesterday to say the car was back, so I went and saw it today :) wasn't in the yard but tucked nicely away by the front door. On first look the dealer did mention something - the customer whom it was with returned it with a kerbed rear wheel and scratches on the drivers door - he was absolutely livid and is charging him service for the damage!! So far it's on 736 miles, I'm happy with that.

Took it for a drive and was pleasantly surprised. So surprised that I'm sure the car he took us in last time wasn't a CR105, probably a 90. It drove perfectly and even though not even run in was even nippier than my current fabia. At this point, VERY happy bunny! Turned around and decided to play with the sat nav, so he punched the dealership in and within seconds we were off. Love the responsiveness of the touch screen, love the intergration with maxi dot and all of the goodies on there. Also love the seats! At this point, absolutely over the moon bunny!

Returned back and he's promised me the damage will be fixed, and has told me how it will be used. He's said that since it has to be used, he wants it to be used like a diesel if I agree. He's decided to let the lady from the showroom who lives in belper use it every few days and if the mileage does creep up too much he'll use it himself as he lives up the road. I was happy with that, as he has told me it is not being given to customers again.

So, eyes forward to hearing from them as soon as Skoda invoice them for the car. The order says 28/02/14 but since the car was registered in October 2013 I reckon it'll be late this month/early feb. Not bothered if it isn't though. Here's some pics :)

post-101560-0-79581800-1388930138_thumb.jpg

post-101560-0-96449800-1388930185_thumb.jpg

Dad wants to call it Phantom! Not sure if this is taken already :D

• Like 1

Really nice estate. They look great in black.

When you get it, I recommend a thorough detail session to keep it looking great for months - wash with a good shampoo (I use Zymol, 2 bucket method), clay bar with lube, wash off, dry with microfibre towel, polish with a layer of Carlack 68 nano, and protect with 2 layers of Colinite 416s. This combo works brilliantly on black paintwork in my experience. My 500 sport is metallic black and gets this treatment twice a year, with twice monthly washes in between and Meg's ultimate quik detailer after each wash. Looks great all year round without too much time and effort using this regime.

Looks lovely!

I wish I could be as relaxed/chilled as you in that situation lol! There is no way I could put up with a car continuing to be driven after I had agreed to buy it. It would be like agreeing to your wife/girlfriend sleeping with other blokes -no chance! Hearing that it had been damaged on a test-drive would get me raging tbh.

What does he mean by he would like it to be driven "like a diesel" if you agree? Sounds very odd!

• Like 1

Looks fantastic.

Good find.

As said above, odd story from the Salesperson..

They can keep it for the 3 months and no need to run up the miles.

(Certainly not to get it up to 3,000 miles or the likes.)

Ask who it is First Registered to on the V5, Skoda UK, or the Dealership,

or to some ones own name like the Dealerships Finance Manager.

george

V5 is in possession of skoda, registered to them. I'm a little annoyed but not half as livid as the sales guy was - however he is sound from the way we spoke and I'm confident he won't let it happen again.

When I say use it like a diesel, I mean he wants it used on longer journeys than down the road to his house - he's only giving the keys to a girl he trusts in the showroom every few days. I'd rather it broke in like that than being used for 3 months through town. But that's my preference :) he's more worried of actually getting some use from it rather than racking up the miles, I'd be surprised to see it more than 1,500.

He has clearly stated - no more test drives, no more non-staff use. Like I said, I'm happy with that :) at the end of the day it's a cracking deal I've got, a rare car with loads of goodies, and he's only got a few demos at the moment which are all small petrols. I take care of him for 3 months, he'll take care of me for 3 years.

Why is he worried about getting some use from it? As George said above - there is no reason or need for them to put any miles on it at all. Unless of course he has some other motive for keeping his "showroom girl" happy....... ;-)

Why is he worried about getting some use from it? As George said above - there is no reason or need for them to put any miles on it at all. Unless of course he has some other motive for keeping his "showroom girl" happy....... ;-)

Maybe for advertisement? Maybe Skoda are pushing them to, to try pick a few sales? Maybe his manger is a numpty, or maybe he wants to please a girl ;) questions I'm not worried about the answer to as long as I get a pristine car.

• Like 1

Maybe for advertisement? Maybe Skoda are pushing them to, to try pick a few sales? Maybe his manger is a numpty, or maybe he wants to please a girl ;) questions I'm not worried about the answer to as long as I get a pristine car.

Fair enough mate, just check the back seats for any sign of wear and tear lol ;-)

• Like 1