Vag-com cruise control programming

Thinking of putting cruise control on my mk1 fabia vrs 1.9tdi ASZ engine code is there anyone on here from Stockport/Manchester area that can program it into my car if I was to fit the stalk ? As I don't have vag-com and fancy paying all that money for the software to not really use it that much any help is much appreciated thanks :)

Edited by Juniorvrs92

Have a vague memory of having to run a single wire to a certain plug on the ECU, but it can depend on the car age and such like.  If you're unsure, it would be best fitted by a pro.  Do you know already how fiddly it is to remove the steering wheel airbag?  :D

Have a vague memory of having to run a single wire to a certain plug on the ECU, but it can depend on the car age and such like.  If you're unsure, it would be best fitted by a pro.  Do you know already how fiddly it is to remove the steering wheel airbag?   :D

You were very helpful whel I was installing mine on my Cordoba PD130 (ASZ).

I had to take a wire through to the engine bay and solder to one of the wires on the ECU. Don't cut it just melt some of the sheathing with your soldering iron then solder on it and wrap it up.

And yeah... that sodding airbag. Those clips are a nightmare to release. That took the longest out of the whole job!

Phil

Phil

I thought the airbag was one of the easier parts.  I found the hardest part was poking the wire throughout the bulkhead.  I think its the white wire on the edu, think it was in position 1 but don't quote me on that.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120420114550/http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/cruise-control-retrofit/

You do have a couple of options.

1.  CHEAPEST - Install CC yourself and get Sam84 to turn it on for you for £10 (cheaper than buying a KKL cable).

2.  MOST FUN - Do it all yourself.  Get VCDS Lite (its free and will turn on CC) you will also need a KKL Cable (about £30) and a laptop.

3.  LAZIEST - Contact Tech1e on here and he can do it all for you at a reasonable price.

Edited by NathanG

I took loads of pics when I installed mine if it could help anyone? Mines not a fabia vrs but i'd be surprised if things aren't the same. I've found everything else to be with our cars! Engine, wishbones, rear beams etc

• 1 year later...

Do any of you nice ppl know if my 1.9tdi pd 100 2004 fabia atd engine can have cc installed?

I presume id have to buy the aftermarket stalk etc if it was possible to install.

Cheers ad