3 weeks and a 1000miles later

The diesel is sublime on my VRS estate. Pulls incredibly and I'm in the high 40's for mpg. I would've considered the petrol but the higher running costs and thought of having an accident and bursting into flames put me off lol

I'm running a roomster diesel at present, can't wait for my petrol VRS. I do lots of really short journeys, so diesel wasn't for me this time, plus I wanted the best performance available to make up for me selling my sports car. Good write up and thanks for sharing. I certainly have no worries about anything fireball related! ;)

Edited by loadswine

I'm running a roomster diesel at present, can't wait for my petrol VRS. I do lots of really short journeys, so diesel wasn't for me this time, plus I wanted the best performance available to make up for me selling my sports car. Good write up and thanks for sharing. I certainly have no worries about anything fireball related! ;)

Roomster TDI to Octy vRS TSI, wow, talk about chalk and cheese! :rofl:

• Like 1

MLC, no honest I'm not knocking it, I'm just Fn jealous especially if there a tall, slim, blonde involved too.

Regards

T

I think I must be due an MLC next time I change the car! I wonder if they will carry the V6 over to the Superb III?

The Roomster has a couple of tweaks and the sports car was reasonably swift to be fair. I figured it might come across as a big shift, but its actually 2 cars to just the one if that makes sense. I've done the MLC already, this is being sensible!  :rofl:  Tall slim blond? Is that included in the package? haha!

• Like 1

I love it to pieces. Tsi vrs in race blue, ex demo so had a couple of thousand on the clock. Highlights, the engine is gorgeous quiet when pooling and yet it spins up so readily and so much torque, a real treat to drive.

The seats, lovely and comfy for an all day trip from Wales today, feel fresh and no aches as I have in the past.

The auto wipers are nearly perfect.

Xenon headlights which bend when you're turning are superb and should be fitted to every car as they improve safety/speed!

Had three big rugby players in the back and two big lads (me) in the front the other day, in the back the tallest is six five and sixteen stone and the shortest was five eight and eighteen stone. It was a squeeze across the car but the tallest had leg and headroom to spare and the car pulled like a train. Superb.

Avergage mpg today was 38 which I can live with, round town it's high twenties usually.

Overall really pleased I ended up with the petrol over the diesel.

36 -42mpg (best) in mine, running Normal mode. So agree with you that's pretty good,love it too bits!

For reference I went from a vw touran 1.9 tdi to the vrs so a bit of a change! Just one more piece of info, I've set up my mode to a personal but kept everything the same as the sport setting with the exception of the throttle which I've left at normal. I prefer the active headlights especially driving through the peak district and through Wales at night.

• Like 1

For reference I went from a vw touran 1.9 tdi to the vrs so a bit of a change! Just one more piece of info, I've set up my mode to a personal but kept everything the same as the sport setting with the exception of the throttle which I've left at normal. I prefer the active headlights especially driving through the peak district and through Wales at night.

Interesting. So your personal and my normal, pretty much the same then.

Mpg, might be down too just good old driving style!!