Dash Command

MattH

I originally had the normal sized elm fitted, i then thought about running an extension cable somewhere and that proved not ideal so i bought the mini version, the small cut out i had already made with a fein saw in the pocket proved perfect so i could leave it plugged in all the time and still use it for storage.

To be honest that's one thing I've not looked at. Been meaning too but just not got round to it. Let me know what you find and how you go about changing it.

I'd like one to show rpm, MAF and boost. And one to show rpm, boost and intake temp.

To be honest that's one thing I've not looked at. Been meaning too but just not got round to it. Let me know what you find and how you go about changing it.

I'd like one to show rpm, MAF and boost. And one to show rpm, boost and intake temp.

John I have just pm'd you.

Well I've given up for tonight but here's a couple of screenshots of a couple of dash skins I've found.

A vw golf gti style one

e56f5685b6a50af0e356dc9b238ae443_zps4562

And an Audi tt style one with 3 switchable pages

972c9c63179ce13ec5e8897151205fe7_zpsd216

7db0ec3715019af1f608cf6e92324bdf_zpsb0b0

2f712f90909634877795166099a187d4_zps925b

The only thing is the temperatures are all shown in Fahrenheit

You will need to scan for available PIDs as not all cars use the same ones. I seem to remember a "show only available pids" setting or something. Use these to make your own dash. A bit of a ball ache but worth it once working.

Does anyone know, does this work with cars that use full canbus like the Octy MK2, Golf MK5 etc. or is the app just limited to Octy MK1, Fabia MK1 K Line diagnostics.

I can't get mine to connect. I plug my wifi reader in and I get 1 red light. When I connect my phone via wifi it shows connected by the way of the wifi sign top left of my iPhone screen. But when I open the dash command app it says it can't connect.

I have tried inputting the ip etc address manually as linked above, but still it won't connect.

I get a message saying something like "obd protocol failed"

I use mine on the Golf MK4, Yeti and Fabia, never did anything other than plug it in, pair it over wifi and everything works fine, maybe is was just lucky..

I have now made a few adjustments like the calculate mpg etc and it works great, next step is to buy a tablet and stick it in the dash of the Golf, hopefully before Oulton Park in February.

When I plug mine in I get 2 red lights that flash. I never had to type in ip addresses etcYou will mayb have to get a new wifi scanner?

I only received it in the post today. I opened it and tried it as soon as I got home at 8:30pm. So unless it's a faulty unit it should be ok.