Sound on Locking car

Can the Fabia 2013 be made to make a 'sound' when the remote locks the car but be silent when unlocking?

Yes it can. Lock & unlock chirp can be enabled/disabled independently.

If you fancy joining a few of us at the Kent mid-week meet on 15th January I can enable it for you with VCDS :thumbup:

Is the chirp loud? It isn't activated on mine

if its anything like my old Superb MK2, its loud enough to wake the neighbours in the dead of night. I tried it for 2 days before turning it off, due to the times I left for work. The chirps are emitted from the alarm siren, and this does not have a volume control.

Think I need to have this activated on my monte..

How is it done?

You need somebody with vcds. Dealers might do it for a price, but werent interested when i asked then to do my steering and locking. Said 'it cant be done'

So i took it to an independant car tuning shop, he charged me £30 and did it in ten mins flat

Yes it can. Lock & unlock chirp can be enabled/disabled independently.

If you fancy joining a few of us at the Kent mid-week meet on 15th January I can enable it for you with VCDS :thumbup:

Hi.  Doubtful I can get there this month but I will keep track of where you meet for hopefully next month. Thank you for the invite!

• Like 2

It's ridiculously loud on the fabia. I've just got the lock one enabled as the two beeps unlock is way too much.

My octavia is far more discrete.

My Fabia Mk 1 gives a very loud beep whereas my Octavia II gives a barely audible bip. I asked for the latter to be sorted under warranty only to be told that the sound and volume - or lack of it - is normal.

Isn't that the point though, it's an audible warning to let you know that the car is locked/unlocked therefore knowing that the alarm is activated or deactivated and letting would be thieves know it's alarmed as well.

There's no point in having a bearly audible beep if it's linked to the alarm, it needs to be loud so if it goes off then it will be heard.

Dealer activated mine for free when it was in for the pulling along with one press lock/unlock.

My Octavia's alarm is loud. It is the bip on lock which isn't. The problem could probably be sorted if the bip duration could be increased so that it becomes a beep.