Which Wipers?

The difficulty for me is finding a source for the blade part on its own. I used cheaper wipers once on the previous car, discovered they were only marginally better than the worn wipers I was replacing and that they lifted and skipped at motorway speed and went straight back to Bosch...

Does it ever rain where you are? :)   That's impressive for a set of wipers.  On average I have to change about once a year ( I always fit Bosch) and I do the same kind of mileage as you.  Having said that I'm living in Ireland so the rain is never too far away :)

I'm guessing my wipers wear out around the same time as yours, but being from Yorkshire I like to get money's worth!

That means one year of perfect vision and two years of streaks before I finally give in :D

• Like 2

For the Superb riders in the rest of Europe, it may be worth noting that the Bosch A188S wiper set is for left-hand drive countries only. For people who drive on the right side of the road, Bosch has set A187S, which can be bought in many locations, starting at around € 20.

• 1 year later...

I think your choice of wording is a little confusing there.

By saying 'left hand drive countries' you mean those of us that drive on the left, not cars with the steering wheel on the left.

So to clarify:

Right hand drive (UK) - A188S

Left hand drive (Mainland Europe) - A187S

• Like 1

It's been a year since I lasted needed new wiper blades, hence the thread resurrection   :D

A set of A188S ordered last night, £21.59 inc. delivery was the cheapest I could find, anyone else managed any better?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/3397007188-BOSCH-SET-OF-AEROTWIN-WIPER-BLADES-A188S-AEROTWIN-NEW-GENUINE/151666253826?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211125758%26meid%3D94b55c40ef7147e689592a12514e8f92%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D9197868963138513276&_qi=RTM2108002

No unfortunately not, the idea of cleaning the blades with glass cleaner didn't work for me, they were still streaky. As a result I had to fit the set I ordered as soon as they arrived.

One year later I'm back in the same boat. Previously I'd have left them as long as possible. I'm getting too old for that now, for the sake of £20 I've treated myself to a new set. I suppose I can't complain at one set per year when covering 30,000 miles  :D

No unfortunately not, the idea of cleaning the blades with glass cleaner didn't work for me, they were still streaky. As a result I had to fit the set I ordered as soon as they arrived.

One year later I'm back in the same boat. Previously I'd have left them as long as possible. I'm getting too old for that now, for the sake of £20 I've treated myself to a new set. I suppose I can't complain at one set per year when covering 30,000 miles  :D

WOW

30,000 / year!

I guess one set per 30,000 = 3 years is very very good!  :thumbup:

Well done, you!  :clap:

• Like 1

Actually I was not quite honest: I replaced the rear wiper last spring, because the rubber was thorn. But the front wipers are still original, and going strong. Car is always parked outside, with the front facing south, so the rubbers are subject to sunlight. I do clean the rubbers regularly, to keep them clean and to improve the wiping quality.

My experience last year was that the first Halfords I visited didn't have the Bosch in stock so I went with their own brand.

They left a sizeable area unswept on the drivers side so I took them back to a different Halfords for a refund & bought the Bosch.

Oddly, the Bosch were cheaper after trade discount than the Halfords were with trade discount?

try hayner blades  silacon they are spring type. but look like new flat blades. cured my problem with judder on drivers side sold in uk  a pair inc del for around £19.50 sold on int from uk distributer