Which Wipers?

... probably made by Bosch!

But no idea at all - sorry!

No problem! Was just curious since I normally are very happy with Bosch wipers but very rarely with the original ... Always replace them as soon as I possibly can when taking delivery of a new car.

Cheers!

Sent from my Samsung phone using Tapatalk Pro!

• 6 months later...

If they ain't split you're wasting your money ppl,

Just get some window cleaner spray or vinegar on a cloth and rub the cutting edge of the blade, you'll see a nice black line in the cloth and your wipers will wipe again perfectly.

Edited by Supurbia

Just get some window cleaner spray or vinegar on a cloth and rub the cutting edge of the blade, you'll see a nice black line in the cloth and your wipers will wipe again perfectly.

That only works so many times though..... ;)

Cheers

Dave.

Normally get my wipers from ECP when there is a discount code on!

Just picked my rear wiper up for my Octy at £8.50 which was cheaper than ECP. First time that's happened to me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All the information I need, thanks Steve!

Just picked up a pair of genuine Bosch aero blades (A188S) on eBay for £19.99 including delivery...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221444624354#ht_3584wt_1156

Good price that. I paid £26 for the pair from a seller on Amazon a couple of months ago.

Cheers

Dave.

Had the same dilema last year with my Octavia, dealer wiper blades were a fortune. Wanted a decent quality set though so bought Bosch ones from Halfords and saved a tenner I think from memory. BUT they were never great and very slightly streaky in one place. Ended up giving them a slight bend to match the profile of the screen better. Always vowed to stick to the originals after that. I know  the Skoda ones are Bosch (have the little "rivet" branding on them) but are they a custom profile to match the specific car's screen or did I just get a bad set of aftermarket ones from Halfords? Anyone know?

Sounds like you were just unlucky. I assume you got the correct set (A188S)? These are also recommended for other cars (Seat Leon and VW Touran etc.) so not bespoke to the MkII Superb.

Passenger side is 18", drivers side is 24".

Bosch are as good as they get, even from Halfords.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure. I've had plenty of sets of Bosch Aero wiper blades and they do deteriorate without splitting.

Mine are currently streaking slightly on the return sweep. From past experience replacing the blades (without cleaning the glass) solves the issue.

I normally get three years out of a set at 30,000 mile/year.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure. I've had plenty of sets of Bosch Aero wiper blades and they do deteriorate without splitting.

Mine are currently streaking slightly on the return sweep. From past experience replacing the blades (without cleaning the glass) solves the issue.

Fair comment, 90K is good for a set of wipers anyway, I just did mine with the Mr Muscle windex and added some VX screen concentrate to the bottle, clears beautifully now.

Does it ever rain where you are? :)   That's impressive for a set of wipers.  On average I have to change about once a year ( I always fit Bosch) and I do the same kind of mileage as you.  Having said that I'm living in Ireland so the rain is never too far away :)

• Like 1

Does it ever rain where you are? :)   That's impressive for a set of wipers.  On average I have to change about once a year ( I always fit Bosch) and I do the same kind of mileage as you.  Having said that I'm living in Ireland so the rain is never too far away :)

Me too, have tried to get two years but they're rock hard by then. So change 'em every year too. Probably a combination of the rain (first stop after the Atlantic) and maybe a bit cooler here too.

Got Valeo silencio on the front at the moment.  Been nice and quiet for 18 months so far.  Whenever I wash the car I always make sure the wipers are cleaned properly, then wiped with a chamois, then I use the same window cleaning agent on the rubber blade tips that I use on the windows.  Those with OCD might not like the tacky white valeo logo on the wiper blade plastic tip.

You do not need to change wipers if they are performing badly. all you need is to change the wiper blades.(Those rubber thingies that touch the  windscreen) It is much cheaper and solves the problem the same as new wipers. 

You do not need to change wipers if they are performing badly. all you need is to change the wiper blades.(Those rubber thingies that touch the  windscreen) It is much cheaper and solves the problem the same as new wipers. 

I used to do that but the result was a much nosier and jerkier wipe.  I find that replacing with good quality recommended ones gives the same wipe as the originals.  Now I know that might not bother everyone and I'm probably being a bit OCD about it!  It is cheaper of course like you say.