Which Wipers?

Make?

Halfords own brand. Bosch was only reduced to about £7. Get a massive reduction on bulbs too. If you know anyone with a trade card they're worth asking to get a price. Just been asked tonight to get some for my mates Toyota corolla as he knows how cheap I can get them.
  • Like 1

Also look at carparts4less. Same guys that used to work for / set-up ECP I think. Sometimes cheaper than ECP post-discount, and still come in ECP packaging.

I have valeo aero wipers at the moment, and about to switch back to Bosch, as they were a few £ cheaper.

Edited by JakeBlade
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest problem I've found with Aero wipers is when its cold they seem to set solid in the last position they are on the screen causing them to judder when being used until they've warmed up, I've tired all sorts of wiper blades from Bosch to cheapies and the only ones that I found that set don't solid when frozen are Valeo Silenco, set Vm442, about £20 a set.

• Like 1

I've had some juddering with my Silencio, but they are coming to the end of their 1-yr tenor. I have used the cheap rain-x spray in this cold weather to help stop the build up of frost on the front screen and side windows: the glass still needs a scrape when frosty, but so much easier to scrape than if I had no rain-x on.

I've had some juddering with my Silencio, but they are coming to the end of their 1-yr tenor. I have used the cheap rain-x spray in this cold weather to help stop the build up of frost on the front screen and side windows: the glass still needs a scrape when frosty, but so much easier to scrape than if I had no rain-x on.

Does rain-x leave an extra film on the glass - so u have to scrape that too?

I remember using glass cleaner on the inside,

When it was really really frosty -

I swear i had to scrape a millimetre of frost from the inside of the windscreen!!!

It does leave a water-repellent film on the glass, but is resilient to last a couple of weeks of scraping in this weather. In the rain, above about 50mph, you rarely need to use the wipers at all. I use on the side windows as well - very good visibility in the pouring rain. Not for use where you have heating elements though.

• Like 1

Hi, I use http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/ but the Swedish version of course ... ;-)

To me it look like the wiper blades at http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/wiper-blades/skoda-superb-estate-3t5-1-8-tsi-160hp_v32784_g298.html are priced pretty good, I replaced mine almost immediately when I received my car, it's a habbit I have with new cars ... ;-)