Auto Glym Ultra Deep Shine

Prykey

Anyone one had any experience or have any comments on this?

According to the blurb if you use this you don't use SRP and as it polishes and protects in one you should not use Extra Gloss Protection or High Definition Wax on top of it.

It's supposed to be good for Black or dark coloured cars.

Hey Prykey, I haven't heard many favourable reports on UDS to be honest.  But I haven't had first hand experience.  UDS is an all in one suited to darker colours but i believe with less fillers so your paint needs to be in really good nick, SRP is also an all in one but with more mild abrasives and fillers and will leave a sealant behind.  In essence they do the same job.  My guess is UDS leaves a wax/glaze protection where as SRP leaves a sealant, that will be why they recommend that UDS not have a sealant over the top and SRP can receive any LSP more or less.  I have seen HD Wax over UDS in some pics on DW and it looked good, waxes are generally a lot less fussy than sealants as to what they go over and I can't see why you couldn't put HD over UDS.

If you are after something really suited to black cars then I would give one of these a go:

Poorboys black hole follow by a Wax - a cleaner Glaze designed for dark vehicules with a nice wax over the top will most likely give the deepest colours visually.

or

Prima Amigo followed by a Sealant - Prima's glaze is sealant compatible and wont detract from durability. 

or

Chemical Guys Blacklight followed by their V7 sealant, not sure exactly on the composition of the products (acrylic?) but Chem Guys package these together and have seen some black cars looking awesome wearing this.

Cheers Sparkly,

I've used Poorboys Black Hole previously on my last 2 Minis (Astro Black Hatch and Dark Silver with Black Roof Clubman) and really rated that followed by wax. 

Thank you for the other suggestions to. :happy:

• Like 1

There is a thread on here were quite a wellknown detailer Baker21 did a fabulous job on Zouche's Black Fabia vRS, they were using a range called Blackfire, I'll try to find the link to give you some inspiration.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/280514-detail-and-de-badge-due-tomorrow/?hl=%2Bbaker21#entry3439546

the link is in this thread.

• Like 1

There is a thread on here were quite a wellknown detailer Baker21 did a fabulous job on Zouche's Black Fabia vRS, they were using a range called Blackfire, I'll try to find the link to give you some inspiration.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/280514-detail-and-de-badge-due-tomorrow/?hl=%2Bbaker21#entry3439546

the link is in this thread.

That looks a super job on the Black VRS, I somehow found my way onto the Web Site for Polished Bliss and they do a recommended kit for Black Cars that features Blackfire products and retails for a cool £153.75 which is well on the way to the price to have it done for you, decisions, decisions  :think:

Edited by Prykey

That looks a super job on the Black VRS, I somehow found my way onto the Web Site for Polished Bliss and they do a recommended kit for Black Cars that features Blackfire products and retails for a cool £153.75 which is well on the way to the price to have it done for you, decisions, decisions  :think:

I really can't speak highly enough of the Blackfire products. Baker21 did an awesome job - the photos do some justice, but the car looked in the flesh like the paint was still drying - amazing liquid-like finish.

I'm part-way through a 4-day re-do of the protection - my first time using any products like this. So far it has been incredibly easy to use. I don't know if all products are like this or not. Got it on the rubber trim or the glass? No worries, off it comes. Done the whole side of the car with the sealant? No problem - it buffs off very easily! 

See my thread I started a little while ago - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/301541-blackfire-winter-detailpolish-for-mk2-fab-vrs/

There will be pics on day 4 (hopefully!)

• Like 1

Hi chris, 2 coats of UDS and 2 of EGP left to cure for at least 1hour,like i said hard work to buff off.I wash at least once a fortnight due to salt spray using a 30yr old listerflex brush and Zipwax then dry with a MF towel.

Yes, more split ends than a spotty teenager.I have not seen anything to match it for quality or softness,still not as good as a quality mitt but not far off.

Surely its okay as long as the brush is soft enough.

I understand that the important thing is that whatever you are using you do not drag any grit along the paint surface.

Wont a really soft brush do that as well as a wash mitt/pad?

My wife's car is an 11 year old Honda Jazz that we've had from new. In all those years I have washed it with the cheapest shampoo available, the 1 bucked method and a brush from Halfords.

When her car and mine (3 years old) are parked side by side...both just washed...hers looks far more `blingy` than mine.

Now that might have something to do with the fact that hers is Silver and mine is...well...in Jaguar speak `Cashmere`, on the V5 `Gold` but in my eyes `Grey`. I dont think my car will ever shine like hers.

Anyway...I think the `brush brigade` should be left be. I cant see that its as bed as its made out to be on this forum.

Regards

Mike.

As long as you have a Machine polisher and know how to use it....a brush will be fine

Personally, I would never ever use a brush on my car or anyone else's

I really see no point at all. Its no slower using a decent washpad or mitt, which is far kinder to the paintwork

• Like 1