Has anyone remapped a Citigo yet?

DavidIF

We are due to get a sport in March which has the 60bhp engine. I understand that this is a detuned 75bhp engine and are therefore wondering as to what tuning possibilities there are. I personally would have thought that 80bhp or so should be available.

I'm sure I've heard of remaps being available, but I'm not sure of anyone having one done- I'm guessing Bossfox will have his remapped, but it probably won't be a good example of what you could get out of a normal Citigo :D

Ive heard that Sport will remap to 82bhp. I've not seen anyone in this country who claims to remap citigos.

I am tempted though, I'll risk the warranty and it makes no difference to my insurance so if I can get it for a good price I'm sorely tempted!

I'm sure I've heard of remaps being available, but I'm not sure of anyone having one done- I'm guessing Bossfox will have his remapped, but it probably won't be a good example of what you could get out of a normal Citigo :D

I think you'll find he went for a bit more than a puny remap :happy:

• Like 2

Being Naturally Aspirated you are not going to see great gains, but 80bhp or so should be possible.

As said, on such a light car it's still good.

If it is 82bhp that's still pretty much 10% more than the higher stock engine.

Personally I'd just find a 1.2tsi engine laying around as they map to 130bhp and it'll be like an UP GT!... but quicker. ;)

• Like 3

The 60ps is not just a remapped 75ps. There are subtle internal differences from looking on ETKA.

If I'm honest I am quite surprised that VAG would design in internal differences for such a small difference in output. This seems contrary to their usual practice.

• Like 3

In terms of Percentage though thats not bad. Shame its all at the top end though.

You have to redline the 75PS to get peak figures.

Could be interesting if the gains are even higher up the rev range!

• Like 1

Somewhere on these forums are URLs to a couple of UK tuners offering 85 BHP upgrade for £3/400. A lot of money for a handful of horses and a teensy bit more torque.

Id possibly be interested in this but at the moment the tuner pages just seem to be auto-generated ones.. from what i can tell the ECU would need to be cracked open on these so i doubt itll be 3/400 quid!.

As Faboka says above - the ECU would need cracking open.

Id bet that most the UK tuners who list it currently are probably unaware of whats involved.

Has to be said on the rare occasions i do push my citigo you can definitely feel it being strangled at higher RPM.