Has anyone remapped a Citigo yet?

DavidIF

If you want more power,why not get a quicker car in the first place? Perhaps a used Fabia VRS or even used cars like the BMW 320D,Chrysler 300C,Jaguar XF, Mini Cooper,Abarth 500,Mazda MX5.

All these cars are quick as standard,and depending on year are around the same price as a top spec new Citigo,but of course they will cost more to run. I can understand you might prefer a new car with a good warranty,but if you carry out mods,it will be goodbye warranty anyway.

I will look at all the above cars as well as the Citigo/UP when i change my car in September,and then decide,however if i go for the Citigo/UP or any new car i would leave it standard.

That is just my view,but of course i understand that everyone must make their own mind up as to what is best for them.

• Like 3

The last 5 cars I've owned have been considered to be quick ish, have all been forced induction and had all been remapped.

I still can't see why skoda didn't give the sport the 75bhp engine as standard. There would have been no extra costs and considering how much extra you pay for a sport compared to an elegance vag should be ashamed.

As for buying a faster car, even a remapped citigo isn't going to be quick but the lack of power drop off at higher revs will be a welcome improvement.

If you want more power,why not get a quicker car in the first place? 

I do agree with this, but what about those of us who love the car, but want a more powerful version.

I think Skoda should offer a Citigo with the 1.2 TSi engine, as Richard mentioned earlier, that would be awesome.

The chassis would capably handle the power and it would shift a fair few units Im sure.

I suppose VW wouldn't want Skoda stealing the thunder from the supposedly forthcoming UP!GT though 

I do agree with this, but what about those of us who love the car, but want a more powerful version.

I think Skoda should offer a Citigo with the 1.2 TSi engine, as Richard mentioned earlier, that would be awesome.

The chassis would capably handle the power and it would shift a fair few units Im sure.

I suppose VW wouldn't want Skoda stealing the thunder from the supposedly forthcoming UP!GT though 

Yes Damo i can understand that,but then again if they made the car with the 1.2 TSI engine,it would be a standard car,not one messed around with by an owner.

For me the Citigo is a city car that is also perfectly ok on longer runs.It is not a sports car,even with that badge. Its the same with the Smart.They make the Brabus and the 84 BHP turbo that are both quick,but only give 30 MPG in town.The Smart is a city car,so for me the diesel is the one to have that is not quick,but gives 60 MPG round town.You get there just as quick in stop start town traffic,so good MPG is what you want.

They think on the VW forum that the UP GT is not going to be made now,but who knows.

I'd have to doubt that a Citigo with a 1.2 TSI would shift enough units to warrant its existence, factoring in the R&D costs and factory tooling up that would be needed for a niche model. Aside from the usual conspiracy theories regarding Skoda's place in the VAG pecking order, they do know their market better than any of us, and even they got it badly wrong with the mk II Fabia vRS. Incredibly poor market penetration for that car most likely due to the general running costs of such a machine. Compare this to the massive success of the Monte Carlo, which really took SUK by surprise, tells a story that people in Skoda's market generally want a car that looks the business but aren't interested in the performance to match. Which to my mind brings us back to the Citigo sport...

I'm saying all this after trading down from a MK2 vRS Fabia, and I wouldn't have it any other way. After all, everyone knows driving a slow car fast is way more skilful and much more fun...  :devil:

• Like 2