Fitting a honda S2000 air filter

Kyle_vrs

just fit a tiny vac filter. Merc have them. called a micro filter. i have 1 on my SE.. will take a pic of the actual thing next time i goto car.

heres a google pic for now...

costs about £1.60 and is perfect fit for vac line.

WP_20131125_008_2_zps26479b0d.jpg

Oh OK. Didn't know one of those was required tbh. I drilled a hole into the filter and pushed the vac pipe end through that.

I'll look into the mini filter jobby. See if that makes a difference.

Cheers mate.

Gonna have to try one of them mini filters myself, mine keeps bogging down and spluttering at low revs. But is fine in huger gears. Only started happening when I did the filter change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Mine had an cone filter on and it had no power (like seriously no power had to drive it in boost to pick up speed constantly down gearing it) till 2000rpm then all of a sudden a massive boost!!

I went back to the original box!

Sounded amazing though

What's the best way around this I have a 2002 asz engine

Does anyone have a video of the Honda s2000 air filter sound by any chance ? This looks a great easy , simple modification . Whats the difference with a filter like this then ^ and a ordinary cone filter ? Thanks Justin ...

Fitted my Air Filter today and switched from my Pipercross Panel Filter which was very good for a panel , Such an easy modification and easy to fit ( Nice snug fit ) , definetly one of the easiest and cheapest moifications i have done to my fabia vrs , only costing me £12.30 from Euro Car Parts and thats obviously not costing the cold air feed pipe which i will probably order for £10 off ebay instead of my pd150 air intake that i have currently fitted . You have turbo flultter on low revs changing between 1st and 2nd gear which is nice as it echos really well esecially if you have de-cat exhaust , from 2000 RPM onwards the deep drone sound is out of this world and just sounds stunning , doesnt even sound like a diesel , you would think it would be a petrol car if outside listening to it , seems to be pulling slightly better from 2000 rpm revs on aswell . Im very happy with this Modification and would recommend this to anyone wanting to try it out . :rofl:  Thank you Kyle ... :D 

I fitted an s2000 filter to my furby vrs yesterday

In terms of sound only flutters with the bonnet up which is annoying!! Also drones when driving normal, my jabba sport cone in a box worked better and much more responsive, I think there best suited to the octy grass!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...