engine bay tidy up

jamahon

iv been thinking about moving the battery and coolant bottle and a couple other bit to the boot anyone else tried anything like this or am i being abit brave?

you'd actually be adding weight to the car moving the coolant bottle with all the extra pipework involved.

I dont think its about weight when you go that far its the smooth bay look, which is nice but not very practical for every day car.

who spends all day looking at how neat and tidy their ******* engine bay is :wonder:  'Ooooo nice engine bay, mate'. 'Yeah thanks, don't look in the boot though cos half of what should be under the bonnet is in there' :D

• Like 2

I dont think its about weight when you go that far its the smooth bay look, which is nice but not very practical for every day car.

That smooth boy look is nice as you say, men can be so nasty fat and hairy!

Ooooops, wrong forum...

Pay no attention, errrr...

Edited by sepulchrave

who spends all day looking at how neat and tidy their ******* engine bay is :wonder: 'Ooooo nice engine bay, mate'. 'Yeah thanks, don't look in the boot though cos half of what should be under the bonnet is in there' :D

I spend many a days and hours looking at peoples engine bays appreciating the time, effort and money gone in to moding, cleaning or just looking after what they got. Its called a hobbie I think they used to call it? Beats sitting in a house playing with miniature trains.

• Like 1

A guy who goes by catman is currently tucking his bay. He has moved the battery, coolent tank, replaced fuel filter for a smaller unit and a few other bits he has done away with.

Just seen this on Facebook! Looks tidy. Really want to move my battery!

Here's a shot of my engine bay. Strut brace makes the most difference to the look IMO, cone filter is nice too. (Bore off with your cone filter is pointless crack as well) would like some nice braided lines and anodised connections and think that will look the part, been thinking about getting my rocker cover hydro dipped some sort of funky pattern also.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I spend many a days and hours looking at peoples engine bays appreciating the time, effort and money gone in to moding, cleaning or just looking after what they got. Its called a hobbie I think they used to call it? Beats sitting in a house playing with miniature trains.

They're '00' or 'H0' guage, not miniature :p

who spends all day looking at how neat and tidy their ******* engine bay is :wonder:  'Ooooo nice engine bay, mate'. 'Yeah thanks, don't look in the boot though cos half of what should be under the bonnet is in there' :D

It's therapeutic for them, keeps them off the streets, out of the pub and away from the missus, it's basically the same as any other craft skill like basket weaving or painting by numbers, occupational therapy if you like.

• Like 2

Thread tidied.

Stay on topic, and avoid personal insults or aggressive comments or face the consequences.

Personally speaking, I applaud how much time and effort people put into things like detailing.

Its a commitment to a hobby, just like any other 

We all have a common interest on this site, which is obviously our cars, but what we choose to do to them is up to the individual.

Please show some respect

• Like 4

I'm currently attempting to fit a strut brace I purchased off a member about 12 months ago, ****** never told me it was all bent. Getting there with a hammer! Going to colour code it to the car in a bit.

Should make the bay look a bit neater :)

• Like 1

Here's a shot of my engine bay. Strut brace makes the most difference to the look IMO, cone filter is nice too. (Bore off with your cone filter is pointless crack as well) would like some nice braided lines and anodised connections and think that will look the part, been thinking about getting my rocker cover hydro dipped some sort of funky pattern also.

Posted Image

Looks good mate,

If you could get an abs casing around that cone it would definitely be of benefit ( not saying noticeable ) if you're bothered.

=D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk