Skoda symphony security

did you need to take anything with you? bar the unit itself :giggle:

Depends how well you know the people there. I was told to just take the serial number, but another Skoda dealer who I approached first, who didn't know me wanted me to bring the car as well so they could verify it wasn't stolen... Or at least see it come out of the vehicle.

It's one of those things where it depends on who you speak to, what time you speak to them, if they are wearing red or blue socks and which way the wind is blowing.

In reality if you turn up with the car and wait 30 minutes until someone has a spare 5 mins they'll probably pull the stereo out for you and do it, if the car cannot be taken due to a fault or something like that then I imagine taking the radio won't be a problem, I believe all they do is take the serial number and check the database.

The factory unit is pre coded to the car, so when its reconnected follow the instructions in the manual and it should automatically go from "SAFE" to working a few seconds after you switch it on (with ignition on). This assumes an aftermarket unit has not been fitted before and the K line diagnostics wire cut/tampered with.

A unit moved from one car to another will need the code, because the radio will request the code from the ECU which will not have the correct one. Unit will then prompt for manual input.

The factory unit is pre coded to the car, so when its reconnected follow the instructions in the manual and it should automatically go from "SAFE" to working a few seconds after you switch it on (with ignition on). This assumes an aftermarket unit has not been fitted before and the K line diagnostics wire cut/tampered with.A unit moved from one car to another will need the code, because the radio will request the code from the ECU which will not have the correct one. Unit will then prompt for manual input.

Tried that with my factory set up..didn't work.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/121966-official-fabia-documentation-available-for-dowload-from-skoda-auto-as/

Some radios don't require code since it's already in the board computer, but some do require it. From my experience, if you do have the original service booklet and there isn't any code for the radio there, then you probably don't need it. At least that was my case. My battery died completely and I don't have any code in my booklet, but as soon as I changed the battery and switched the ignition on, it decoded by itslef.