Requested boost vrs actual boost

Watto

as long as it's in that approximate position, doesn't need to be an exact check for this...and aye, I'm sick to the back teeth of this weather and have to drive to Glasgow in it Friday so no doubt it'll be gales and blizzards on Friday

on mine from a mental image, with the wire-loom/connection facing away from the windscreen the top hose goes to the actuator and the hose directly under that goes in the air intake pipe, and the one facing the left aide of the wire connection goes to the boost pipe. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Update, took the car to rtech for a full diagnostic and pressure smoke test.

The car passed the health check to no surprise as everything had been changed, no leaks found.

It turned out the car was already mapped poducing a decent 202hp but was producing a lumpy on off boost with lots of surging.

The car is in second day of the new map and 17705 code fix and all feels good, so much smoother.

Update, took the car to rtech for a full diagnostic and pressure smoke test.

The car passed the health check to no surprise as everything had been changed, no leaks found.

It turned out the car was already mapped poducing a decent 202hp but was producing a lumpy on off boost with lots of surging.

The car is in second day of the new map and 17705 code fix and all feels good, so much smoother.

Result !!!

Only just seen this thread. Good result!

Few points......

Standard boost should peak at 0.16-0.17MPa (absolute). Which equates to 8.51-9.96PSI (gauge).

The WG actuator on this car operates on positive not negative pressure. Placing a vacuum on the can will only damage the diaphragm.

I also suffered from 17705. Cleaning the TB, replacing all the vac/breather hoses and getting a good quality remap from Shark removed the issue...

• Like 1

Cheers guys, at least Im sleeping at night again. The car feels so much better, no more surging and on off boost.

The new map took it to 210bhp But with a nice smooth pull through the revs.

It cost 250 from RTech all in which included the full diognostic/ pressure smoke test.

If I had known that the car was already mapped I would of rang rtech first.

Just have seen error code and fact you've replaced N75.

Had the same problem.

Drove me crazy.

But idiots who replaced my N75 turned it of and that was the problem.

Just make sure it is properly oriented.

Hope this helps.

That is absolutely amazing torque from a completely standard engine with just a remap. I cannot wait for a trip to Rtech. Just got to spend some *more* money on bits...