vrs steering wheel

Talking to my dealer today when I took the mk2in for a packed up rear wiper,he was saying that there are a batch of defective vrs steering wheels coming through at the moment,hes had to order two already, apparently they fall apart whe certain switches are used,hopefully mine will be fine, its still in germany as hes stated a march 1st need by date,before it comes into the country

• Like 1

apparently they fall apart whe certain switches are used,

It was a ggenuine question, obviously a lot of you are not mechanically minded,so i know better than to ask again,

:D

The buttons in mine are sticky and I am going to go and ask for it to be fixed. They still work, but the 'click' doesn't work after the first press, unless you press a different button on that side to return it to the normal 'out' position.

Yes it is the outer buttons, you need to click the left/right inner side to return the outer to the normal position. Wasn't like that until recently. I very much doubt the 'steering wheel falls apart' comment. Typical exaggeration?

Yes it is the outer buttons, you need to click the left/right inner side to return the outer to the normal position. Wasn't like that until recently. I very much doubt the 'steering wheel falls apart' comment. Typical exaggeration?

what I meant was that the buttons falls apart,at least you know now that there are issues with the wheels so you can challenge your dealer if its giving you problems

I noticed they stick in the cold only. I went for an hour's drive up the M1 today with the climatronic on 21c and they didn't stick any more.

I'd hazard a guess and say they'd be fine during summer and start sticking again in the winter.

Wonder if prolonged exposure to heat would fix them?

A bizarre thought! My advice, don't try to find out. Mine are sticky now, but weren't a month ago. The temperature has not changed much outside and the interior temperature doesn't affect them.

Cortina, a lesson in not exaggerating perhaps? Even as they are I don't see the buttons falling apart, but there may be someone who git annoyed with the stickiness enough to take an implement to them, causing them to come apart. Only right that we write truthful, evidenced statements. This is a public forum and may affect Skoda's reputation. I feel that sticky buttons, meaning Skoda are replacing steering wheels under warranty is a more honest comment, and one that shows a responsible manufacturer, not one with potentially very serious steering issues.

• Like 1

A bizarre thought! My advice, don't try to find out. Mine are sticky now, but weren't a month ago. The temperature has not changed much outside and the interior temperature doesn't affect them.

Cortina, a lesson in not exaggerating perhaps? Even as they are I don't see the buttons falling apart, but there may be someone who git annoyed with the stickiness enough to take an implement to them, causing them to come apart. Only right that we write truthful, evidenced statements. This is a public forum and may affect Skoda's reputation. I feel that sticky buttons, meaning Skoda are replacing steering wheels under warranty is a more honest comment, and one that shows a responsible manufacturer, not one with potentially very serious steering issues.

fAlling apart,,, dealers words not mine,my car is still en route from emden,

I don't car which part is replaced, button, or whole wheel. I would expect the buttons alone. However I also have a small moulding imperfection in the airbag central wheel cover, so who knows.

Because a dealer uses exaggerated langue is no reason to copy it. Some idiotic salesman or oyk mechanic making stupid comments does not deserve repetition. Try 'one of my dealer's staff has mentioned that they have had a number if steering wheel button faults on the vRS, requiring replacements under warranty'. More responsible and far less like rumour mongerimg?

• Like 1

I don't car which part is replaced, button, or whole wheel. I would expect the buttons alone. However I also have a small moulding imperfection in the airbag central wheel cover, so who knows.

Because a dealer uses exaggerated langue is no reason to copy it. Some idiotic salesman or oyk mechanic making stupid comments does not deserve repetition. Try 'one of my dealer's staff has mentioned that they have had a number if steering wheel button faults on the vRS, requiring replacements under warranty'. More responsible and far less like rumour mongerimg?

lIfes too short mate get over it

my rightmost button has been on backorder since november due to it being sticky. chased again today and still on backorder.  apparently they are different on the dsg steering wheel than the manual steering wheel as the first ones they ordered didnt fit.

my rightmost button has been on backorder since november due to it being sticky. chased again today and still on backorder. apparently they are different on the dsg steering wheel than the manual steering wheel as the first ones they ordered didnt fit.

That sounds a bit far fetched..... though I don't doubt that's what they told you.

Sorry yes that it's a different part for the DSG.

It possibly could be as I think the whole unit connects through to the back where the flappy paddle is and there isnt one on the manual.

someone with Etka would be able to confirm 

• Like 1