Park Assist & Front wheels?

My Octavia Eligance with auto parking seems to 'see' the front wheels when on fall lock but not on every occation or is it being over sensitive as it was alarmed by a plastic bag blowing down the road today.

I'm still a number of weeks off having mine yet but did have the system (parallel park only) on a V6 Superb.

I tended to only use it to amuse the kids but after one occasion where it got into a gap I would say we're on the limits of what it can do (just playing to see if it was any good) I found a respect for it and thought it was quite clever.

I guess as the sensors can't analyse what an object is (plastic bag, child or another car) it's always going to alert qt anything of a certain size, if it's picking up its own front wheels I'd say it needs some recalibration, the Superb never did this.

The only other thing with it is if the cars it's parking between have parked badly and scuffed their alloys down the kerb then it will do precisely that also most likely. It's a good aid/toy but I found I needed to be as alert as if I was parking it myself.

Very interested to see how it works for car park spaces as that's new to me.