She keeps saying "Beware"

Stormchaser

On the PID.

It's all Upto date with updates. When I'm driving along not in Nav mode and listening to music I get this interruption with voice saying "Beware". I don't use the Nav on this PID as it's complete ****. They should call it garbage not Garmin. Anyway I noticed it tonight on a long round trip and she said it twice. I was wondering wtf do I have to be beware of as there was no hazards around.

Has anyone else had this?

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

• Administrators

It's either speed cameras, hot spots (mobile cameras) or you've gone over x mph. I think it's the latter.

I have mine set to warn for everything 5mph over in urban, 10 outside.

Annoying but it's helping me in new areas and keep the dam thing under nsl on roads I know ;). Locally I don't plug it in.

I don't use the Nav on this PID as it's complete ****. They should call it garbage not Garmin.

I was of the same opinion.

Could never get the nav functions to work how I wanted.

Wasn't sure if it was complicated, the screen was too small where you touch it or just not user friendly enough for me.

The Sat Nav is very slow,unpredictable and glitchy and takes you miles off route. I've tested it around where I live and it's a waste of time. I've set everything in the settings menu too but it's too unreliable.

I used the sat nav to get me to Manchester and back last week and travelled about 500 miles.

I used the Live Services with it tethered to my phone's 3G internet and found it fantastic, there was a traffic accident futher along the route and it asked me if I wanted to take an alternative route, I said yes and it automatically recalculated the route for me.

Also the "beware" function can be annoying when it interrupts all your music but on the plus side, it is very useful in Manchester where there are so many Speed Cameras round every corner, not that the Citigo was really going fast enough to break any speed limits anyway though haha.

However I do agree with the software being very slow particularily when first setting the destination. As long as you give it a second to think what you have typed in, I found it was fine once I was on the road.

I've found it to be excellent and it's never really taken me out of my way having checked the routes later on the map. Only thing I do agree with is it's sometimes slow at giving you directions especially if you have two anouncements coming up very quickly one after the other, other than that it does it's job fine. Will have to find the beware warning for speed, never knew it did that. :giggle:

It is useless,well to me it is. I missed 3 out of 5 turns last night. Turned around and it never even refreshed to my position again. I was in an unfamiliar place last night. I was 100 yds away from a junction. I set the sat Nav to find the train stn. The road I was in was a 2 way road. It wanted me to turn around and go back the way I came and go around a large block which I followed and ended up going past the road which I was in. If I had gone to the top of the road and turned left I would of been on the correct route. Why the need to go back around? :(

I've tested it in my town and it wants to take me miles around from a direct route I always take. It's ridiculous. There's no voice on it either even if I have the volume up all I get is a loud buzzing in the speakers. It's activated in the settings and on Max sound too. But I do get the "Beware" and that's all.

I'm old school so I'll stick with a map book thanks. I'll use the Garbage for the music and info only.

Sorry for the rant I'm over it now :)

Is this just on the Garmin PID's or can the Navigin unit do it as well? Have not paid much attention to that side of the PID.

On a recent trip our PID sent us along a main road parallel with the road we wanted. It then sent us down a narrow track to join the right road.  :wonder:

I done a test tonight to see which way it would take me home from work. I'm going to have to eat my words previously because it's the exact same country route I go home but about a mile from home it prompted me to take the main road whereas I take a side road which cuts out a large up and left section so wasn't too bad. I had voice too all the way,strange but it doesn't recognize my address so had to use a near landmark. It seems to be hit and miss obviously.