CG Motorsport Uprated Clutch Kit dyno results

As you may or may not have seen we are currently offering a new Racing Clutch kit range.

When we listed the kit we claimed...

This kit can hold 360lb / ft of torque on a standard organic plate which means you can eradicate the unpleasant paddle drive feel daily users detest.

This was met with some queries about the validation for these claims as 360 lb/ft on a organic plate is Sachs SRE level but we are no where near their price - and our kit includes the flywheel.....

So after having a few fit now we have a customers Dyno graph to prove the torque and HP levels held down by this cracking bit of kit.

photo 2

This has proven to hold down 360lb/ft of torque and 220 BHP.

I could also tell you the Dyno operator had never seen a transmission set up on the ARL / ASZ set up hold down this sort of power so smoothly but I reckon he says that to all the boys :)

We still have these on the shelf at £550 so if you want to safely take your car upto the 350lb ft mark and keep the organic drive the solution is cheap and proven.

pp-smf-kit-v1-1440-1440.jpg

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

Have you made the lighter smf yet andy?

personally after having a light SMF I would not recommend one, the noise is awfull and it's the one thing I hate about my VRS :(

It's not just the rattle at idle with your foot off clutch that sounds ****, at low speeds in built up areas the car sounds like a bag of spanners if you've got window open.

Thanks for the feedback guys thought you would like that one!

iiPaul, we have made one that is 3kg under stock but I would only recommend it for serious track day use and those of you who are not bothered about comfort at all as it makes the transmission noises much louder as coskev points out.

I think we have the weight right on the stock SMF we supply (as shown in the dyno) as this holds the power and isnt too loud on tick over... IMHO