Is the stereo in the Citigo S different?

VRSD30

My radio is shocking!! The radio reception is very poor and it loses programmed in stations and quite a lot of the time I'm unable to listen to it at all and I find myself pressing seek which makes no difference.

I'll let the garage have a look at it, must be a very cheap piece of kit in the S, any other 'S' owners have the same problem?

Edited by VRSD30

Pilot error VRSD30 :giggle:

Defo same radio, maybe time to upgrade to a nice Pioneer, I am thinking about it!

In fact I have a nice 6 months old Pioneer to go in, just need to take the plunge.

I have to say, not the worlds best radio, I think the short aerial makes it worse, looks better but radio reception not great.

• Like 1

No it's much worse! The one in the sport worked fine with no issues, thats why I think they are different units. If they're the same then there is deffo something wrong with the current one.

Edited by VRSD30

Maybe something not right with it, I don't think the trendy short aerial helps though.

I am going to carry on using the standard radio for a couple of months then I might have to change it for a funky Pioneer I've got ready.  That should sound better.

One issue with changing radio's though, it might not link up to the PID, but does that matter?

I'll let the garage have a look into it as it really drives me crazy! 

Not sure how the PID will work with a different radio, be interesting to see if you could play music from the PID & bluetooth through a pioneer unit, one thing there'll be a big gaping hole in the dash to fill in as the Citigo radios are fairly big things.

Edited by VRSD30

I can't see any issue in taking the old radio out so may give it a try soon. I have changed many radios before and I am 100% sure the standard radio will be connected with standard ISO connectors. So then its a case of seeing what happens and what works and doesn't work.

My radio is shocking!! The radio reception is very poor and it loses programmed in stations and quite a lot of the time I'm unable to listen to it at all and I find myself pressing seek which makes no difference.

I'll let the garage have a look at it, must be a very cheap piece of kit in the S, any other 'S' owners have the same problem?

The Wife's CiTiGo is at the dealers as we speak, for the Radio, Won't hold onto a station, it's the second time it's been in for this problem

I can't complain about mine really, seems ok anywhere I go in the UK. My Vauxhall radio in the other car used to be terrible losing reception especially up in the Peak district or if venturing down to Wiltshire in certain parts used to lose reception around Oxfordshire, in parts. Can't really fault the one in the Citigo though, it seems to stay locked on to station fine and pretty good overall.

Now I can't say the same about my Mazdas radio that is pants at staying fixed on a station and is always seaching, does my head in but it maybe something to do with the additional DAB unit that's attached to it, also pants at reception.

Guessing you guys with the Citigo fitted radio have some sought of connection problems or a batch of faulty units have been fitted.