i wonder what will be next.. place your bets :-o

.. all these problems havent just been left by me they have been put right.

Because ive liked the vrs since new and wanted one andbthis came up.. and with all things sorted she will be great thanks

So you wouldnt have swapped a saab 95 diesel that with 205, 000 miles for one no?

Clive- I noticed hairline cracks in the outer layer of the belt so I didnt want to take chances.. it may well have been done by the police yes but has had 2 dip**** owners since them who don't deserve decent motors.. maybey just an octavia but certainly mot a vRS!!

Edited by TeflonTom
Removed fractious comment

I also thought alot of the police ones had larger turbo's? I know one ex police one I looked at had a k04 on but it was dropping to bits

Apart from a calibrated clock on traffic patrol cars, and the as mentioned sump guards, no different as far as we know. 

Pahahaaa (spits tea)

How dare you even think to mention something that someone else has already mentioned whilst mentioning another thing worth mentioning, next time you want to mention a mentionable point worth mentioning please make sure someone else hasn't mentioned  this mentionable point or someone else is gunna come along and mention that someone else has already mentioned the above mentionable point :-o

Hahaha  good morning lads. Up and on it today :)

• Like 1

Doing good bud

Old cars need a bit of love but now it's done it's all good for many more miles

Still a solid motor for not a lot of dosh in reality

Thank you mate.. I am trying lol.. It's pushing my patience  a bit tho but the worst of it should be delt with now I reckon :-)

Honestly mate your dilemma isnt much worse than when i bought mine!

2 weeks of owning it, Disks, pads, cambelt, waterpump, aux tensioner & belt, pickup, coilpacks, bushes, breathers, air con...

Needless to say 4 weeks from now she'll be good as new..... Or full off dents.

When i bought mine in feb, i replaced all disks and pads and gave her a service. Then... My central locking stopped working properly. Needed a new control module in the door. Then i remapped it. Within a few days of the remap a mass replacement of breather pipes took place and then number 2 & 3 coilpack went for a burton. 4 free replacements and all was well for 8 days till my exhaust snapped clean on the downpipe and then i had to replace the door control module AGAIN. My boot lock also packed up working and still doesnt work, ive replaced a rear door loom. Also needed to replace my DV and my wiper linkages seized. I think thats about it.

Thought it worth mentioning

Yeah decat in mate and 3' downpipe... it came on yesterday so I disconnected the battery for 20 mins and its been out since until earlier when it came back on..

Maybey just the decat, I may buy one of those elbow adapters for now to get the lambda out of the flow

It's a bit of a waste of money if you're going to get it remapped though. They're not guaranteed to work either, it still might come on depending on how fussy your car is.

Cheaper to get your own basic diagnostic cable so that you can just reset it easily once you're sure it's just the sensor

Have you put the rear o2 sensor in one of the spacer devices that seem to cure a lot of these on decat pipes at all?. Think Volvomeg posted a picture about 10 days ago on here.

No mate, I just screwed it in the port.. I was thinking of buying an adapter because thanks to all that's gone wrong on the car this last week or so it  taken my map money which would have been stage 2 :-(

I really do know how you feel on this, my son bought a heavily modded seat lcr from a good mate of his, which supposedly was safe as houses. It threw a rod at 3 days ownership, which meant not only sourcing a new engine, but then stripping it and fitting rods and other bits that should have been done in the first place.

It was running over 330 horsepower, and he really got suckered really. He was sad when he sold it 6 months later, but I secretly breathed a MASSIVE sigh of relief. Still you're getting there now, and at least you have all of us to offer constructive advice, even if sometimes the humour is a little twisted. To be honest I found the SEAT forum to be a really unfriendly place, but some of the humour on there just made us both try to repair out of spite to them.

Yep, everytime I see someone ask on here about do they need rods after 300 hp, I feel like shouting DEFINITELY. It seems such a lot of money when your car is going, but it is so cheap when you see the crank through the block without stripping the engine.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to my world ...

I bought a 01  vrs with 105k two weeks ago .  In that two weeks i have needed 

Indicator relay ( died on me within 24 hours )

two rear calipers  ( both had seized pistons and seized bleed nipple valves )

rear pads and brake hoses ( they disintegrated in my hands) 

New Maf

New Coolant sensor 

new dipstick guide 

new dipstick 

and found that the sump plug was cross threaded when changing the oil.

when i bought it the handbrake was loosened off so calipers werent obvious and he had cleared the fault codes  but they come on after a few hours driving ,  i still have to drive with maf disconected because if its plugged in car idles like mad at low speed and nearly cuts out when stopped ,

so i have the feeling i havent even scraped the surface. 

My engine management light came on two days after buying the car. Found out that oxygen sensor bank 1 was at fault and that managed to knock the light off. Also had problems with the car on idle, this turned out to be a ripped vacuum pipe under the inlet manifold. Only had the car just over two weeks!