Oh no, tyres again! Toyo Proxes T1-R Performance Road Tyres

vrsRob

They were on the fronts on my Fabia when i got it, loads of road noise and just didn't feel great, luckily had good tyre's on the rear so grip wasn't too much of an issue, replaced them with Evergreen's and even they are better

Yeah proxies ware to quick I went through a set in a month and only grip in the dry useless in the wet not worth the money in my eyes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went through a set in a month?? Madness!

Running Pirelli p zero nero currently.

May use the conti spare and get another conti to match and a hankook as a spare.

Do tyres age? Don't want the spare tyre to go funny! Probably the original one still!

I've done 3 track days and many motorway miles, trips around the Lake District, Scotland, Devon, Cornwall, etc on 1 set of Toyo Proxes, running them for over 2 years and only changed the fronts in October, still running the rears and still got plenty of life left in them. No idea how they can be classed as wearing too quickly unless you drive on the edge every single day and i hardly drive as slow as a hearse. :D

I've tried them on a few cars and not been overly impressed with them. They are OK... but nothing special and for the money you can get better. I know some people rave about them but for me I didn't think they were that good. Nice and sticky on a hot summers day but poor in the wet and wore down quickly. Sidewalls were also a bit soft for my liking.

Back in the day (they have been out for a long time) they probably were good compared to what else was out there in the market and the look the part. But now the game has moved on in terms of tread design.  

I thought they were great for the price. Grippy in the dry, OK in the wet. Just as useless as most other summer tyres in the snow.

Fronts usually lasted a year, rears; two.

I've found the sidewall far stiffer than the Rainsports I've changed to, contrary to the other comments here. The Rainsports make me think they're flat almost every day, none of that with the Toyos - they looked fine with very little flex.

Can't seem to find them any more, without paying silly money that does mean there's better for the same price out there.

• Like 1

Some of these reviews are amusing - I do wonder about people's driving styles and their tyre expectations as well. Has someone said above that Evergreens are better than these? Laughable.

As said by Matt, Toyo have hung onto this design and revision for far too long, that's their only mistake. So there are more options out there than there was 10 years ago, and for a similar price now too.

wow, either some people have there tyres fitted wrong or there just taking the pi$$ tbh.

I have T1R's all round and find them to be very good tyres- don't make too much noise and loads of grip until it gets very wet!

not really that expensive either so worth the extra £15/20 per tyre over a budget set of horrible tyres. 

I wonder if people are basing these bad/shocking experiences on brand new T1-Rs they've bought, or some 'part worns' they've picked up from somewhere??

Just so we're comparing like with like....

I've always bought brand new tyres... not worth the risk with second hand 'part worn'.

I think the point people are trying to make is they aren't a shockingly bad tyre, but there are better choices out there given the price range they fall into. There are a lot of good mid-range tyres out there these days.

It can also be dependant on the car I find, some tyres that work well on one set up won't be as good on another. Personal preference plays a part as does driving style.

Anyone ran Yokohama AS01's? 

Looking for new tyres for the splits. Limited due to the tyre size i have chosen. 195/40/16

T1-R, Falkens, Conti's, Yokes, 

Previously ran Falkens normally,, Not a huge fan of T1-r's, never ran Yokes and i ran Contis contact sport 2's once. Thought they was pretty decent. 

I tried the khumo ku39 gripped we'll not bad in rain an standing water 2 months later there on markers :(

Brand new to 1.6mm in 2 months?? How many miles is that for you?