FL Orders log results

merseadog

That's 4 weeks since order and still no build date I don't know how long it usually takes to get a build date seems too long to me.

Well I had my provisional build week info within a few days...

Mine was ordered 23rd Dec. Just been told it is on its way to the dealer. Expected in a week to 10 days. Getting excited now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to visit dealer today still no update on build date but confirmed the Yeti Outdoor l&k 170 tdi can now be ordered with a dsg box so it looks like I will be changing my order.

Went to visit dealer today still no update on build date but confirmed the Yeti Outdoor l&k 170 tdi can now be ordered with a dsg box so it looks like I will be changing my order.

Be warned.

Any changes to model/gearbox will or may result in a "new" order and back of the queue again.

Happened to me.

Was not advised and ended up cancelling my FL.

Was told yesterday it wouldn't affect order if I changed but will double check tomorrow before I change anything.

That's what I was told. I only found out by chance, when my build week went from week 52/13 to 9/14.

Best to double check though.

Ordered my Outdoor 140 L&K DSG 4X4 on 3rd January and was advised it would be Build Week 9 (i.e. last week). Awaiting status update from dealer.

(Was originally intending to order an Elegance, but once I'd added on all the extras I wanted, it ended up more expensive than the L&K, which already had all the goodies. So the L&K it was. Dark brown interior wouldn't have been my first choice, but it's not a deal breaker.)

teuchter

Forgot to add this here last week.

CR170 Elegance, manual in Jungle Green.

Ordered: 15/02/14

Provisional build week 16 (w/c 14th April) 

Dealer update today;
Provisional build week 13 (w/c 24th March)

I'll wait and see what happens, but as things stand that would be 9 weeks, order to collection :thumbup:

Just find it strange some of the build times...

I ordered mine (factory build) on 28th December (to get the 0% and free servicing) and it arrived at the dealer on 17th Febraury.

Is it down to dealer allocation, batch building or just luck of the draw?

Just find it strange some of the build times...

I ordered mine (factory build) on 28th December (to get the 0% and free servicing) and it arrived at the dealer on 17th Febraury.

Is it down to dealer allocation, batch building or just luck of the draw?

reading some of the posts on this thread makes you wonder with some getting delivery within a cople of months ordering,

I ordered Yeti Elegance 140 with towbar prep, spacesaver spare and led rear lighting on 9th of January 2014 through Carfile being supplied from Rainworth Skoda.I was initially quoted 12-14 weeks delivery  which gave me time to get some mileage before taking caravan to France in Mid June.

Been advised since of build week 19 (5th May) this as now gone to build build week 20 (12th May) if delivery takes upto 4 weeks (21-22weeks since order placed) I will probably get Yeti the same time as we are due to leave for France.

Seriously considering cancelling,do not really want to as I,ve always wanted a Yeti and ordered to coincide with my retirement from work when company vehicle is returned at end of March.

If its down to dealer allocations surely they know this and should let purchasers aware of expected delays

reading some of the posts on this thread makes you wonder with some getting delivery within a cople of months ordering,

I ordered Yeti Elegance 140 with towbar prep, spacesaver spare and led rear lighting on 9th of January 2014 through Carfile being supplied from Rainworth Skoda.I was initially quoted 12-14 weeks delivery  which gave me time to get some mileage before taking caravan to France in Mid June.

Been advised since of build week 19 (5th May) this as now gone to build build week 20 (12th May) if delivery takes upto 4 weeks (21-22weeks since order placed) I will probably get Yeti the same time as we are due to leave for France.

Seriously considering cancelling,do not really want to as I,ve always wanted a Yeti and ordered to coincide with my retirement from work when company vehicle is returned at end of March.

If its down to dealer allocations surely they know this and should let purchasers aware of expected delays

Feb 26th - ordered Yeti 2.0tdi SE, electric front screen, silver bars, lumbar support and fold flat front passenger seat, spare wheel.- from Motorline, Dartford

May 4th - build week 19 - advised today

June 8th - estimate with dealer allowing 5 weeks to build and deliver

They then need to fit towbar, full electrics and flaps.

As GordonY above this could be a problem as off to France towing a caravan for a month and 2,000 miles on 19th July. Reading the small print in downloaded owners manual it says do not tow for 1000 km.

I've told dealer if he cannot deliver by mid June it will have to be a '64 reg and not a '14.

I also have a 3 yr service and maintenance contract included, but I have no note of this on the order. The dealer has told me its on the 2.9% finance deal I have gone for and this will appear on the finance paperwork when processed. Does this sound correct?

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

Be warned.

Any changes to model/gearbox will or may result in a "new" order and back of the queue again.

Happened to me.

Was not advised and ended up cancelling my FL.

Hi found out yesterday that they cannot change order from manual to dsg without cancelling original order. Seriously thinking of cancelling the order now as 5 weeks and still no build date and cannot change to 170 dsg from manual a 170 dsg l&k is what I wanted to start with but wasn't available at time of order. Its really anoying that they cannot change the order from manual to dsg when they haven't even given me a build date yet. This is the first time Ive bought a new car something I was really looking forward to but the enjoyment has gone now.     

• Like 1

Feb 26th - ordered Yeti 2.0tdi SE, electric front screen, silver bars, lumbar support and fold flat front passenger seat, spare wheel.- from Motorline, Dartford

As GordonY above this could be a problem as off to France towing a caravan for a month and 2,000 miles on 19th July. Reading the small print in downloaded owners manual it says do not tow for 1000 km.

I've told dealer if he cannot deliver by mid June it will have to be a '64 reg and not a '14.

I also have a 3 yr service and maintenance contract included, but I have no note of this on the order. The dealer has told me its on the 2.9% finance deal I have gone for and this will appear on the finance paperwork when processed. Does this sound correct?

Colin

We recently signed some paperwork ready to pick our Yeti up tomorrow. The free servicing paperwork was with this to be signed as well.

Ordered mine on 29 Jan. Was told by dealer that it was built yesterday (5 March). Delivery expected in the next 3-4 weeks. So just a couple of months from order to delivery...hopefully!

My order went in on 3rd Jan built week 7 collecting 11th March   :happy:

with 0% finance and free servicing :happy:

Edited by RickT

Hi found out yesterday that they cannot change order from manual to dsg without cancelling original order. Seriously thinking of cancelling the order now as 5 weeks and still no build date and cannot change to 170 dsg from manual a 170 dsg l&k is what I wanted to start with but wasn't available at time of order. Its really anoying that they cannot change the order from manual to dsg when they haven't even given me a build date yet. This is the first time Ive bought a new car something I was really looking forward to but the enjoyment has gone now.     

Same as me then, and as I expected.

It really does spoil the enjoyment. If Skoda would have honored my original build date (wk52/13), I would be driving my FL now. Was not prepared to wait until April so I cancelled.

It's a tough call though, as to know whether to cancel or not.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

You were lucky then as I thought 0% ended 31st December.

Dealer most likely backdated the order.

There's a bit of a story.

I enquired last October and put a deposit down for March delivery but the salesman who took my order since left the dealership and had not submitted the order. When I asked his ex colleagues why he left, it was more like he didn't leave.

It wasn't until Jan I got a call saying my choice of Shark Blue was no longer available so its back to square 1 until I chose another colour.

The finance approval and deposit and trade in values had already been done so they were all honoured.

Colin

Colin, why is the dealer having to fit the towbar? Did you not order factory fit?

Fred

• Like 1

Colin, why is the dealer having to fit the towbar? Did you not order factory fit?

Fred

Why indeed, considering the price saving of around 40% on a dealer fitted bar/electrics - and you know it's been installed correctly.

Mine was ordered 23rd Dec. Just been told it is on its way to the dealer. Expected in a week to 10 days. Getting excited now

Signing finance paperwork on Sunday. Collecting Thursday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk