The only car that will tempt me out of a Yeti

At the risk of over doing the off topic contributions...the picture kindly put up by looby shows one remarkably similar to mine insofar as it's black, and also the SS model.  (SS seemed to confer a higher gearing - on mine at least - and taking off in first gear seemed to require more slipping of the clutch than seemed right).  Was glad to have got shot of it - it was replaced by a much nicer, almost new, "1966 D Reg" Triumph T90 in orange.

Thanks looby.

• Like 1

My A35 "de luxe" model came with windscreen demister as standard :devil:

You were a bit posh, with an Austin, weren't you? :envy: I seem to remember that the common herd fell into one of two camps - Morris (Minor) or Ford (Anglia, Prefect etc). 

You were a bit posh, with an Austin, weren't you? :envy: I seem to remember that the common herd fell into one of two camps - Morris (Minor) or Ford (Anglia, Prefect etc). 

SWMBO was still driving a mint condition black A35 when we got married in 1983, sold it 2 years later wish we had kept it.

We are seriously veering off topic here...  Perhaps nostalgic reminiscing of ugly cars and modern versions should be a thread of its own?

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't afford a Minor or Ford :p The A35 was about 23 years old when I bought it for £35, it had 6 months tax and test and got thrown away when those ran out (as the floor had fallen through I didn't even bother with trying for a new MOT) :devil:  

• Like 1

And back OT:

You can now finally option the Scout with electrically folding mirrors for £100 - but seemingly ONLY if you also tick the box for the electric driver's seat for the princely sum of £700.  Yikes.

With all the choice options I want (and with only tow bar prep and no actual towbar and with flat non metallic paint!) the one I configured has over £6,000 of options and costs £34,000.  I'll pass ta.

You can spec folding auto dimming mirrors on their own for £175.

Ah ok... I would want the electric seat so that is OK. The online configurator is however such that when you tick this electric mirror box (£100) it says you HAVE to tick the seat too.  As ever a wonderfully accurate and useful configurator. NOT.

There is 2 mirror options on the configurator, 1 for £100 but you have to add electric drivers seat, the second is further down where you can and mirrors only for £175.

• Like 1

Still, £34k, WTF.

And the only bits I've added over and above what I have in my Yeti are the electric tailgate and the folding mirrors... Having not checked the standard spec in that much detail, I presume the Scout has tyre pressure monitors as standard, as I can't remember ticking that.

Those options are just totally and utterly taking the p1ss in my book!

What should be standard is:

• Double sided boot floor and boot net.
  • Heated seats IF electric seats ordered.
  • LED tail lamps and cornering front fogs IF Xenons ordered.
  • Rear view camera and Park Assist should be one option

BUT then the Scout has always been a lowly SE with added exterior bling. SUK have NEVER done an Elegance or an L&K Scout, with all that as standard...  Nor do I think they ever will. THAT will make way too much sense for them.

I don't think Shark Blue works on it though. Jungle Green or something like that will be best. Just a pity this will probably cost £34,000 in a decent spec.   :whew:

Haha...  just looked at my opening post in this thread... I predicted a decent spec Scout to cost £34,000...  and what does my ideal one work out at:

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/57220205

On the dot and exactly £34,000 Funny. (and no I did not spend hours adding and deleting options to get that amount! It is really just the one I'd like)

• Like 1