The only car that will tempt me out of a Yeti

You never know, there might even be a 'Scout' version of the XE Shootingbrake at some point in the future too!

A little bit of imagination, 17's, raised ride height and some splashes of silver plastic and bingo!

2017-jaguar-xe-sportbrake_600x0w.jpg

• Like 1

Hmmm.. weird. Prices here (in Estonia):

"cheapest" Scout (1,8 TSI DSG): 27 700 €, Volvo XC60 (D3 manual): 35 100 € (<and that's FWD !). D5 prices start from 43 900.- ...  :peek:

Well I can assure you a D5 SE with a couple of extras (discounted) is cheaper than a 184 Scout with extras as no discounts available yet.

List price I agree is pretty far apart.

Let's see if Skoda start offering some pretty healthy discounts next year.

If they don't sell enough then this might be likely, however given Skoda's recent rise to fame I think they'll easily shift enough to offset the need to discount.

Well I can assure you a D5 SE with a couple of extras (discounted) is cheaper than a 184 Scout with extras as no discounts available yet.

List price I agree is pretty far apart.

That's peculiar since people on here have already quoted healthy £3,000 discounts on Drivethedeal for the Scout. Maybe it's just your stubborn dealer Iain or you being stubborn in not wanting to use DtD.

Interestingly, OT though, Volvo Group is a separate company. This covets the trucks and construction side.

Back on topic, that V60 looks ok. Wish they'd open up our company car list, restricted to VAG and BMW.

• Like 1

Being a Scout owner I still look at the XC70 with admiration, expensive though, despite being very long in the tooth...

2014-Volvo-XC70-Front-Angle.jpg

2014-Volvo-XC70-Rear-Side.jpg

Haven't seen one of these on the road yet though :D

2005-Volvo-XC70-AT-Concept-RA-Top-1920x1

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

Being a Scout owner I still look at the XC70 with admiration, expensive though, despite being very long in the tooth...

Haven't seen one of these on the road yet though :D

I've always had a soft spot for the XC70. Such a handsome car. But I prefer the size of the V60 Cross Country.

Available from the 29th December so it must be their demonstrator.

It's good to see some hi-res pictures of a real Scout though. I have to admit I remain underwhelmed when comparing it visually to my 2008 Scout. It just doesn't look different enough to the standard MkIII estate.

The plastic cladding is black, instead of grey which makes the car look like a basic spec model. Where are the exposed twin polished tail pipes? Where is the Scout grab handle on the dash? Where are the metal pedals? Aside from the badge on the steering wheel and gear knob it's identical to any other Octavia inside.

At least at £23K it's a good sign prices are a little more realistic than first though.

I thought this might be of interest to people who find their dealer stubborn to negotiate.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604690137

Fin

I didn't even realise there is such a thing as a 140 hp Octy 3. Which of course there isn't. Bare bones spec manual car this, hence the low price.

Have we covered the BMW 2-series Active Tourer xDrive here yet? Due to launch (the xDrive version I mean)  this month apparently, eg:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/BMW-2-series-Active-Tourer-2014-review/

Starting to tempt me in the 225i model. Presumably less ground clearance than the Yeti, but otherwise seems well ahead in eg engine choice, cabin finish, toys etc. OK it's nominally an MPV rather than a crossover but seems to me that these differentiating terms are increasingly meaningless. I guess the pricing must be somewhat higher, like for like, with maybe only 5% discount available as yet, but it's not in a totally different league.

Have we covered the BMW 2-series Active Tourer xDrive here yet? Due to launch (the xDrive version I mean)  this month apparently, eg:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/BMW-2-series-Active-Tourer-2014-review/

Starting to tempt me in the 225i model. Presumably less ground clearance than the Yeti, but otherwise seems well ahead in eg engine choice, cabin finish, toys etc. OK it's nominally an MPV rather than a crossover but seems to me that these differentiating terms are increasingly meaningless. I guess the pricing must be somewhat higher, like for like, with maybe only 5% discount available as yet, but it's not in a totally different league.

I saw one of these today but was totally put off by the LARGE white lettering all over the plain black finish inviting me to test drive it at a local dealer! The most anti marketing effect I have seen for a long time.

Fred 

I saw one of these today but was totally put off by the LARGE white lettering all over the plain black finish inviting me to test drive it at a local dealer! The most anti marketing effect I have seen for a long time.

Fred 

I think you can delete that option 

Edited by prodata
  • Like 1

I see Audi is updating the Q3 for next spring, with more powerful engines.

Including the 1.4 ACT 150 bhp cylinder shut off engine.

I'll be having a good look at that.......Now if they fitted that to the "new Yeti" or the E-tron hybrid.... :think:

• 2 months later...

Johann,

Car4leasing.co.uk have these (scout) for £120 per month inc vat. I suspect with a few options and excess mileage (this price is for only 5,000 miles p.a.) this would still be below £150 per month inc vat.

Now starts to make sense (possibly).

Thanks for that...  leasing always have pretty good deals that is true.

But if you start to look at cars costing the £35,000 my ideal Scout costs the price per month is still in the £300 to £400 range. That website only shows bare bones basic car deals and the Octy deal you quote is for a 150 manual with just metallic paint as an option.

Resale values is where it is at but look at a £27,000 Land Rover Freelander:

http://www.car4leasing.co.uk/cars/113/Land-Rover-Freelander-2-2.2-TD4-SE-5dr/

£396/month (personal)

A 2WD VW Tigaun at £25,000 on the other hand is:

http://www.car4leasing.co.uk/cars/600/Volkswagen-Tiguan-2.0-TDI-140PS-2WD-Match-Bluemotion/

£198/month (personal) 

So a lot less than the Land Rover for roughly same cost. So as I said resale value is what it is all about.

So a £35,000 Octy will certainly be a lot more than £150/month.