Height of 2.0tdi air intake

the filter box is up beside the engine cover on the new model also, so without seeing it, Im pretty sure the intake will be at the front grill, but Im sure someone here can confirm

Doubt it. Usually slightly faster than walking speed or whatever gives you a small "bow" wave so that the water is pushed away from the front of the vehicle and will actually reduce the level of water at the front.

It's sensible to consider the air intake height but there are a lot of other components that will be well under water before the air intake is - and a few may well have vents and connectors that won't tolerate being submerged standing still, let alone at and speed.

So glad we've got of lightly. Well, I stay lightly but it's just been a normal wet and windy winter up here.

Doubt it. Usually slightly faster than walking speed or whatever gives you a small "bow" wave so that the water is pushed away from the front of the vehicle and will actually reduce the level of water at the front.

It's sensible to consider the air intake height but there are a lot of other components that will be well under water before the air intake is - and a few may well have vents and connectors that won't tolerate being submerged standing still, let alone at and speed.

So glad we've got of lightly. Well, I stay lightly but it's just been a normal wet and windy winter up here.

The bow wave increases the water height at the front, but reduces it at the sides. Think about it.........

The best advice is not to enter any water that you can't see the bottom of, or deeper than the edge of the tyre. Lifted manholes may be another hazard. Do not drive through water!

Edited by fireftrm

Yeah. Sorry I meant it helps move the water from the front of the vehicle. So if you've got a wee wave don't go any faster as you'll send water over the bonnet. I really should learn to sleep longer when I'm nights! And on that note... Zzzzzzzz

Oh and yes, don't drive in water in the first place!

Had a quick look at our 150 4x4 this morning after giving her a wash.

The air filter box is connected to a rectangular thermoplastic air intake running above the radiator, by a rectangular cross section pipe which runs down from this intake to the base of the air box.

TP