iPod in Glovebox

What was wrong with storing it in the Phone box? It's hidden just the same and you get improved battery life and reception for the other apps, like radio, spotify, etc.

What was wrong with storing it in the Phone box? It's hidden just the same and you get improved battery life and reception for the other apps, like radio, spotify, etc.

Because the phone box is option, because the phone box is only for increasing signal strength on phones, because the cable will be sticking out, because if you have the optional phone box your phone will be in it so there won't be room for an ipod.... I'm sure there's more....

• Like 2

I don't want to use my phone for my music and also don't like the cable being squashed into the phone box having to constantly plug and unplug it also allows me to navigate playlists and go to different sections of the iPod (audiobooks) without having to navigate them on my phone which you can't do via Bluetooth through the touch screen.

I have a iPhone 5s which if from what I have seen on here the lighting mitsumi cable costs a fortune mine cost me about a tenner.

This gives me the iPod in the glovebox with the cable disappearing into the dash making it almost impossible to see from the outside.

• Like 2

Was it simple to get to the back of the glovebox from behind the dash? I had an old Vectra which was easy, but also had a Focus and it was a nightmare!

Yes it was open the glove box and you can simply feed the cable up the back of the glovebox and then in between the CD/SD module grab the cable and pull it through. I then tucked the rest of the cable behind the foam sound insulation in the passenger footwell.

• Like 2

How long is the standard cable, and do you always get one included with the car?

One isn't included with the mitsumi option though some dealers throw them in, mine is about 10inches long, roughly.

One isn't included with the mitsumi option though some dealers throw them in, mine is about 10inches long, roughly.

Thanks. There was one plugged into my car when I went to look at it at the weekend, but I didn't check the length.