Rapid 1.6TDi Engine cover missing

First Post...

Picked up my new Rapid 2 weeks ago and finally managed to wash & polish it this weekend.

On opening the bonnet I was somewhat shocked to see the engine with all the electrical gubbins staring at me.

Question: shouldn't there be a plastic engine cover, covering the engine???

On passing the main dealer this evening I 'popped' in and asked...and was told oh...there are no engine covers on the TDi engine...and to prove his point the salesman opened the bonnet on another TDi Rapid. Am I being fobbed off?

Cheers Guys

No problem Andy. There are people in this forum who are far more clued up on cars (and the Rapid) than me. I'm sure they'll respond soon. I remember seeing a black plastic cover on my engine when I lifted the bonnet, but I'll confirm in daylight tomorrow.

Well I've checked my 1.6TDi engine and it does have a black plastic cover. I'd be narked if I was one of those who didn't. Car registered 03/2013. When was yours?

I believe both so far are January 2014 cars.

Mine is Jan 14 so looks like new cars no longer have the engine cover...not going to lose any sleep over it though...just looks untidy when you open the bonnet!

Thanks everyone...friendly forum :-)

A sound car but a surprising area for cost-cutting IMO. I guess any area is fair game, especially those out of sight.

Think of the mpg and smile! A colleague is looking at a Range Rover Sport and we don't earn a fortune. Ouch!

Mine is Jan 14 so looks like new cars no longer have the engine cover...not going to lose any sleep over it though...just looks untidy when you open the bonnet!

Thanks everyone...friendly forum :-)

I like to be able to see all the bits and pieces rather than a slab of plastic tbh. The TSI is quite good looking lol.

• Like 1