90 elbow boost pipe

Blew the bottom pipe off the intercooler today, i took it off and the lugs are worn, a common fault apparently the replacement from skoda is £120 does anyone know if any motorsport companys do a replacement part or is the good old self taper solution. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

Just bought one of these from the stealers today. An absolute rip off but I had to drive without it coming on boost as it'd pop off straight away. I found a company online which did a none oem one for ~£70, I didn't think it was worth the risk of it not fitting correctly and needed it quickly anyway. Good luck and hope you get it sorted!

Part number for it is 6Q0145832C

Guest BigJase88

No hoseclip wouldn't work

Best way is intercooler off and 4 self tappers at 90 degree intervals around the collar

Drill pilot holes

Screw in self tappers

Remove all self tappers and give the intercooler a good clean out of swarf

Refit self tappers

Boom £95 saved and proven to hold all boost pressure, i did this to my pd150 turbo and pulled 198bhp on an accurate rolling road that my pd130 pulled 173bhp

Edited by BigJase88

Guest BigJase88

you can't do that to the metal joins though can you!

What joins are you on about?

You can self tapper each side off the intercooler (i have done it)

I have also self tappered into the solid metal 90 large bend on the turbo side again with no issues

The metal used is aluminium so very easy to pilot drill and use self tappers

Edited by BigJase88