How much are bricks and capping stones worth?

Loz

Just wondering how much these are worth? We have some from a wall that fell down and is now replaced with a fence. They are not broken. Someone is possibly interested, just wondering how much they are worth second hand?

It would depend how much cleaning up they needed I suppose.

But taking into account the difficulty of moving them when they're not on a pallet, probably not much.

I am assuming you mean red bricks. If you can get someone to take them away for free then your ahead because you don't have the hastle. If they are cotswold stone bricks or something special then you could make quite a bit of money.

Last year, I bought a pallet (400) of new engineering bricks and it cost me £90 delivered. Facing bricks are a bit more expensive.

If your lucky there could be someone round the corner from you who happens to need some bricks to finish something off.  Otherwise any commercial people who takes them off your hands will likely just run them through a crusher.

I'm currently looking to build a retaining wall around the new drive.

Loose is more of an annoyance.. Depending on the brick and capstone - you can pick them up from reclaim yards locally pretty cheap.

I currently have about 3 - 4 ton of hardcore and another 3 ton of unbroken paving slabs I need to get shut off.  Tried advertising them for sale, because of the weight no one is interested - next step would be free to good home - failing that I'll leave them out front with a bike lock around them - someone will take them then ;)