Mtec drl bulbs and sidelights ?

CitigoSE

hi

I have the blue mtec drl bulbs in my citigo and just noticed that the sidelights don't work, my dad has a vw up and he has the standard drl bulbs and sidelights are the same bulb and they work. Has anyone else got the same problem thanks??  

yeah could be, but its both bulbs not just the one and im sure they didnt work from when I had them, was thinking that maybe they don't have the sidelight filament in them. yeah they should last a lot longer

Edited by CitigoSE

It could be the bulb.

I've got mtecs and just noticed that one of the filaments on the DRL has gone. I've emailed hids direct to see what they say as IMO they should last more than a few months.

They changed one of mine hassle free. They said either send the bulb back of smash the defective bulb and send them the photo. I did the latter and received another one within a few days.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

yeah could be, but its both bulbs not just the one and im sure they didnt work from when I had them, was thinking that maybe they don't have the sidelight filament in them. yeah they should last a lot longer

Have you tried turning the bulbs the other way round?

I know some bulbs like LED,s only work one way.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

yeah they work fine as drl bulbs but when you put the side lights on they do not work, my dad noticed as his came on, so thought they might not compatible for the citigo as they work as drls but not as the sidelights, was just wondering because don't think they would pass the mot and if the headlight bulb blew there would be no light . 

Edited by CitigoSE

I checked mine on the way to work this morning and they work fine. The sidelights are much dimmer than the DRLs but I believe that's normal.

I suppose you DID order the correct twin-filament MTecs...I've had mine several months and they work fine.

+1. When the mtechs drls came out first they were single element only. I would strongly agree this is the most likely explanation.

Recently had a problem with an order from HIDS Direct not arriving. Contacted them by E-mail and received a reply next working day, I cannot fault that.

Because order had not arrived they re-sent the order which arrived the next day by courier. Phoned them to say thanks and inform them that if the missing bulbs arrived I would return them.

Have placed several orders with HIDS and have found dealings with them to be excellent.

Mike.

• Like 1