ABS Light on how to remove please?

It might just be a wheel speed sensor I'd fix the problem really man it will cause issues with it otherwise no abs tcs etc? But if not I'm not 100% sure on the dash pods but I think they are sealed units? The money to do the dash pod in labour might be able to get the work done? Unless your doing it yourself?

I think that if you just cover the bulb it will still fail as the light is supposed to operate correctly, I.e. flash on when you start the car.

You need to get the car scanned for faults really.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Taking the bulb out is a bit dodgy!  It might get through an MOT as the car's of an age where the tester might not be expecting it to have ABS anyway (ABS wasn't fitted to many cars back then) but if you had an accident (even if it wasn't your fault) and the Police investigated it and found that the bulb had been removed to hide the ABS fault - you'd be in the **** and your insurance wouldn't pay out either.  Don't forget that the Police and insurance companies can check with the manufacturer to see whether the car had ABS fitted when it left the factory

It's probably just a wheel sensor.  Find a decent independent with the VAG-COM software and get it sorted properly, it won't be a fortune.

Yep, the ABS light must follow the prescribed process, so if it does not work then it is still a fail. The light is a surface mount LED on the main circuit board of the instrument cluster.

Find someone local with VCDS and get the car scanned, it could be a dead easy fix.

Taking the bulb out is a bit dodgy!  It might get through an MOT as the car's of an age where the tester might not be expecting it to have ABS anyway (ABS wasn't fitted to many cars back then) but if you had an accident (even if it wasn't your fault) and the Police investigated it and found that the bulb had been removed to hide the ABS fault - you'd be in the **** and your insurance wouldn't pay out either.  Don't forget that the Police and insurance companies can check with the manufacturer to see whether the car had ABS fitted when it left the factory

It's probably just a wheel sensor.  Find a decent independent with the VAG-COM software and get it sorted properly, it won't be a fortune.

its obvious from looking under the bonnet that the car has ABS, the presence of the ABS pump gives the game away. As far as I am aware every version of the Octavia had ABS as standard.

its obvious from looking under the bonnet that the car has ABS, the presence of the ABS pump gives the game away. As far as I am aware every version of the Octavia had ABS as standard.

Never even thought about the ABS pump, good point.  

what a great forum thanks for all the responses  :happy:

the car is a shed worth nothing, its battered and the door wont open as the cable has slipped out of the handle - i am kind of hoping it will just die so i can get a new one but at 141k its still going so now i cant really sell it as its too battered and has too many faults and living with it is not pleasant and now illegal due to no M.O.T - just want to get it legal with minimum time/money spent - dont want to pour money into it, whats the cheapest way to sort this please? 

ABS and door not opening will be MOT fails.  I'd be tempted to stick it on eBay as spares/repairs as they're fairly easy fixes for an experienced home mechanic and it's a diesel too so someone should want it.

Hi, can the ABS light be removed ? - my car is out of M.O.T and I cant MOT it because it will fail on the ABS light being on, is it just a bulb behind the dash? 

Thanks 

How long you been driving, held a license? If you think asking a question like that is acceptable, to obtain a certificate of road worthiness and join me on the public road, sit down and have a think about it. God forbid you have an accident due to your car being faulty but, if you do, I hope you don't involve anyone else. 

How long you been driving, held a license? If you think asking a question like that is acceptable, to obtain a certificate of road worthiness and join me on the public road, sit down and have a think about it. God forbid you have an accident due to your car being faulty but, if you do, I hope you don't involve anyone else. 

thanks, I admire the passion you bring to this post, can you lend me your VCDS please?

Front doors need to able to be opened from the inside and outside, rear doors from the outside only.  The ABS light needs to illuminate and then extinguish, it doesn't now have to follow a set sequence.  You could remove the interior door panel and leave what's left of the cable in place, so that pulling it releases the catch.

It'll be obvious to the tester that the car has ABS when the engine bay checks are done.

No problem. When would you be free so I can drive to the other side of Croydon and help you out?

thanks thats kind of you, I can drive to you no probs - maybe we can plug it in and find out what that fault is please, I can change abs sensor easily but need to know what the issue is. I can sort you some cash for helping me out, my number is 07423 166 493. 

thank you 

hi there, can anyone suggest a cheap way to get my issue diagnosed please? - my ABS light is on and I need to plug it in and find out what wheel the fault is on so I can order the part and replace. 

I am in Sutton SM12UF so need local help or garage that dont charge the earth, thanks 

Rob