Bagged and smooth mk2 fabia vrs (pic/video heavy) now sponsored :)

Ant-Vrs

Your car is looking amazing thumbs up to you mate and let me know how the exhaust sounds as I'm very tempted now at buying a miltek

thank you buddy, yes I will do but I am waiting to save up for the rest of the exhaust then fit it all in one goo.

How much is it bumping up your insurance?

Looks like that Miltek is second had?

What size those Nakangs are, how much and where did you get them from?

Sorry for the barrage of questions lol

I was looking for those tyres but could not find the sizes and I want to do the exhaust as well but Miltek is a tad too dear...

bloody hell how many questions lol. It's not going on yet till I've got the rest of the exhaust plus my renewal is at the end of November/December so they will be told. Yeah the decat and downpipe is second hand but in excellent condition,was a steel :) the nankangs ns2 was from ebay new and come direct from the nankang warehouse/factory. There 205/40/17 and was only £151 delivered = £37.75 a tyre bargain. Also heard so good reports about them. Hope this helps.

Ant

What would I do without you Dave! I indeed thought they were the track tyres!

You need the NS-2R's Jabo to have something similar to the Federal's usually best price is on Tyre leader..  I have the NS2's on the front of my Superb at the moment and they are acceptable and have a nice looking tread pattern, fine for the cost but not exceptional.

Ant - Fab work on the car, I think the Milltek will take the car forward a long way.  Is it remapped yet? (sorry if I missed it in the the thread) you may need a stage 2 map to clear the EML light from the extra flow of the 200 cell cat on the Milltek.

they are not the nangkang track day tyres Jab ;) just the standard cheap fare...

I used them before on my punto, and they were perfectly reasonable.

cars looking good Ant, cant wait for the engine mods ;)

cheers sharkrider, I think the mods will be alive slow as going away next week the bloody xmas ain't to far away now.

You need the NS-2R's Jabo to have something similar to the Federal's usually best price is on Tyre leader..  I have the NS2's on the front of my Superb at the moment and they are acceptable and have a nice looking tread pattern, fine for the cost but not exceptional.

Ant - Fab work on the car, I think the Milltek will take the car forward a long way.  Is it remapped yet? (sorry if I missed it in the the thread) you may need a stage 2 map to clear the EML light from the extra flow of the 200 cell cat on the Milltek.

thank sparkly but the milltek is a decat :) just hope that it don't smoke like some of them have in the past. The car isn't mapped yet but looking into a custom map as the stage 2 ones out there available are like a generic map, which I don't want.

The car is in winter mode now, swapped the grill, mud flaps on and the wheels will be on next week. Also I will raise the suspension up a little hahahaha by the flick of a switch...

just read through your thread ant great work on the car looks stunning just wish I had the money to do my mods hahah keep up the good work looking forward to hear sound of exhaust keep posting updates good work :)

cheers Grant, i think the car will be a slow progress coming upto xmas, family first. I can't wait to get the full exhaust on though.

Just received my CREE numberplate bulbs, popped them in and no error lights, thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

told you they worked fine with no errors on the dash.
  • Like 1

The car is in full winter mode. Grill swapped mudflaps on and standards wheels on. To be fare I am liking it a lot

20141022_144833.jpg

That car was made to wear gloss black wheels! B)

Looks lovely Ant.

• Like 1

That car was made to wear gloss black wheels! B)

Looks lovely Ant.

cheers sparkly honestly I real liking it for winter! I've wheel sealed them twice then wax on the top, silky smooth now. I think the new plate will be on its way VR5 1 TUC hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Went and got a air filter from eurocarparts with the offer they do. Went to change it has I don't think it's been done in the services. It was ready, went to swap them over and look inside the air box. OMG what a restrictive air box. Out come the air box to been modded. Took me about 20 minutes to do. Here are the pictures.

The air filters

20141105_103533.jpg

The airbox standard

20141105_104003.jpg

the airbox modded

20141105_110823.jpg

Ant

Edited by Ant-Vrs
  • Like 1

How come youve cut the plastic out?? I put a cone on my (only a cheap one but didnt like it) but want a pipercross one i think

I used a dremel to cut the most of it out. Then a file to get it smooth. Cleaned out then wiped clean/dry and fitted new air filter. Free mod.

Ant

no bossfox that's outside the school with all the bags empty on zero. Ride height is set at a nice height and if I'm on my own I can drop it a little more.

Ant

I was just curious as I've only ever seen pictures of it like that. :)

I used a dremel to cut the most of it out. Then a file to get it smooth. Cleaned out then wiped clean/dry and fitted new air filter. Free mod.

Ant

Yeah but what was the need of this?? Like the air filter doesnt need that cutting out