Mudflpas fitted!

Guy Incognito

Well that is the Yeti been in the family for a week now.  It has been going up a wee country road to my wife's work and the road is covered with mud most of the time.

Also cow poo as I discovered when cleaning around the screws to get the flaps fitted.  Hopefully they will make a difference as even after 4 commutes it was pretty mucky!

Had a look at the unopened net system that was in the boot but could not make head nor tail of how it fits? 

I am now tempted to get the chrome tailpipe cover as the standard one looks a bit tatty with the rest of the car being nice and shiny! :)  Anyone fitted one?  Worth the money?

Nets.

One big oblong one that fits on the boot floor

One long "envelope" that fits across the boot

One small square "envelope" that fits on the side.

The chrome tail pipe needs the end of the current exhaust cutting straight first.

If you have the 1.2 petrol its just a push on 10secs job if the F/L is the same exhaust system as the original Yeti.

Does improve looks without looking to bling. :happy:

As Graham says the diesels do need cutting back.

I am now tempted to get the chrome tailpipe cover as the standard one looks a bit tatty with the rest of the car being nice and shiny! :)  Anyone fitted one?  Worth the money?

"Yes!"  and "Not sure", in that order.  

For a diesel with the twin tail pipes, you have to cut away a section of each of the existing angled pipes to fit the chrome extensions. Only then can the extensions be properly fitted, as the original is at a different angle (further from vertical) compared to the chrome pipes.  Taking a hacksaw to a perfectly viable section of tail pipe seems a bit of a waste at the time, and is a chore, as access for the hacksaw can be tricky unless you remove the rear bumper centre section (recommended).  The finish does make your exhaust outlet look much more like an Audi though.  But after a few miles of winter road driving they've greyed over anyway and are consequently less noticeable. Hence not sure if I'd bother again.  Might change my mind after the summer - assuming we get one of those this year.....? 

Had a look at the unopened net system that was in the boot but could not make head nor tail of how it fits? 

This is how to NOT fit the nets:

4466860787_9860b6f4fa_b.jpg

They are in the right places but fixed to the horizontal bars in the wrong way.

And below is how to fit them correctly:

imgp6428.jpg

imgp6429.jpg

• Like 3

The big square fits to the same loops that the vertical ones fit to, at the bottom of the sides of the boot, but lays across the floor of the car.

I think this is only the case if you don't have a spare wheel fitted with a floor over that Graham...  

Fits in mine, Johann, although the clips aren't that easy to get in!

I see...  I've never fitted a net over the floor of my boot since you can then not open the two narrow side flaps on either side to get to the stuff you've stored down there!

You're not trying, Johann!

If you pull the covers up they stretch the net quite easily.  :hi:

You forget that I have TWO rubber boot mats on there too (one to slide forward and over the leather seat armrests on the middle seat for when I tip the seats flat). So that PLUS this net won't work.   :giggle:

My diesel FL came with the tailpipe trims already chrome tipped. Very subtle but nice they look too.

My 110 diesel looked like it had polished/chrome pipes when new, but read somewhere on a Skoda site, that they are in fact stainless steel. Not sure if the whole back box was stainless though.

If I recall chrome tips were an £85 option.