Spare Wheel

scgf

I just bought a spare wheel for my Citigo Elegance GreenTech. The car currently has a build week of 13.

The tyre is marked as 165/70R14 81T and is from a VW dealer. It is for a VW Up!/Citigo/Mii.

What is the tyre spec for the car I'm buying? I'm assuming if fitted I am going to have to drive at a maximum of 50mph?

My Elegance Greentech is 2 months old and has Bridgestone Ecopia EP25 175/65R14 82T. The spare is as you have bought, a Falken Sincera 165/70R14 81T.  Some people have Continentals on their models so I guess it's hard to say exactly what you'll get - I think it's whatever Skoda get the best deal on at the time!

When the time comes to replace tyres (which inevitably it will given the current track record of the Ecopia's) I am going to buy a full-sized wheel and tyre for the spare if there is room for it (looks like there should be).  I can't quite understand why Skoda didn't do this anyway...more penny-pinching I guess.

I believe the general rule with unmatched sized spares is max 50mph. 

• Like 1

Hi scgf!

This is the spare wheel/tyre as supplied by Skoda UK with my brand new Citigo Greentech 75PS.   It came as part of the Style Pack 2 upgrade to 15" Auriga alloy wheels fitted with 185/55 R15 82T Bridgestone Ecopia EP25 tyres.  As you can see, it's exactly the same as the one you've bought even though you may have the 14" Apus alloy wheels with 175/65 R14 82T tyres as Allicia8 has above.

Enjoy your new car when it arrives! :)

9419316523_5d3f69ecfd_h.jpg

9555811763_85413c6889_h.jpg

Edited by JimmyR

The spare I bought from the VW dealer is a Champiro VP1

I was annoyed I hadn't realised the car wouldn't come with a spare. I would have ordered one at the time for £50. Mine cost £148, but at least that's £22 cheaper than my dealer quoted me.

Thanks, JimmyR. I can't wait! I reckon I'll take delivery of the car sometime in April.

Edited by scgf

Just put a full size spare and jack in my Sport. Bought the wheel from www.theskodashop.co.uk and a 165/70-14 81T Arrowspeed tyre from Quikfit

Cost me £138 in total

Just been looking at the tool kit on Skodashop: http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Spare_wheel_Tool_kit_-_Citigo_%2812%3E14%29_1ST093860,

The description says it comes with fastening strap, screw for fastening the spare wheel, fastening matrix, fixative belt.

My spare wheel comes with the toolkit containing brace, jack and fastening screw in a foam wheel insert, but no belt. matrix and strap. Am I going to need these items?

• 1 month later...

My VW Up BT did not have a spare wheel so I bought one sold the car so now have a spare wheel because I thought it would come in handy for my Citigo it appears or I maybe wrong but all the Citigos(except the very basic model) I have seen in Germany come with a proper spare wheel in fact mine has a alloy wheels as spare.