Yeti 2 - From Arctic to Jungle

Silly Old Hector

Just home from picking up #2 ! Yeti #1 alongside.

Its an Outdoor Elegance 170, with black alcantara, heated bits, TPM, Annapurnas, spare and LED rear lights.

Off to have a play :-)

post-66624-0-15419800-1394648440_thumb.jpg

Better pics tomorrow.....

Edited by Silly Old Hector
  • Like 3

Nice to see a side by side photo for a comparison. 

Did not realise that the bonnet curvature shape was so different on the FL.

Still can't understand why so many folks on here don't like the FL though.

Nice colour BTW.

• Like 1

Am I going to get damned for this. but..........................having the 2 together I do like the FL.

It's been growing on me too. I've come to the conclusion that it's no better or worse than the classic - just different. It wouldn't put me off getting one, though I've no plans to change for some years yet.

• Like 1

I think both look good but I still prefer the Classic, the lines seem to flow especially around the headlights and obviously the fog lights also, but I imagine they are not as efficient as the lower placed ones on the F/L.

The grill is also a bit of a up and down design with not the smooth lines that the Classic has.

But this is only my preference and if I wrote mine off tomorrow would I replace it with a F/L ?    YOU BET I WOULD.!

Hector I hope you really enjoy your Yeti. :happy:

• Like 3

To add some balance... as a FL owner - if there was an easy way to retro-fit the front of the original model & it wouldn't upset Skoda Finance or the resale value of the car - I would do this in a heartbeat.

First full day with the car - many admiring glances.

- First major "bird droppings on roof" incident

- Ready to fit mudflaps, but SWMBO'd has commandeered her own car ;-)

- Not liking to new, smaller gearknob

- Maxidot settings now to my liking :-)

Hey ho...

"Still can't understand why so many folks on here don't like the FL though."

The new styling just doesn't follow thro' from the rest of the car - the old part is smooth and flowing, the new is sharp and jaggy!

The low fog lights are also a lot more vulnerable down there and may get damaged easily with a minor scrape, especially off road..

The low fog lights are also a lot more vulnerable down there and may get damaged easily with a minor scrape, especially off road..

But fog lights are supposed to be low down  - not high up like on the pre FL. 

Maybe Skoda should have used the original fogs as driving/spot lights (on the old yeti) , and fitted proper fogs lower down.

But fog lights are supposed to be low down  - not high up like on the pre FL. 

Maybe Skoda should have used the original fogs as driving/spot lights (on the old yeti) , and fitted proper fogs lower down.

Agreed, but that is why they are so blinding when used in non foggy conditions. I am not sure we need fog lights and I'm darned sure most drivers don't know how to use them - a lot have the dipped beams on as well.

I know you have had some fog in England lately but it is 55 years since I have had to use fog lights in ernest - back in the London pea-soupers before smoke control - they were real fogs, when you couldn't see more than about 6 feet - you couldn't see the white line with your head out of the side window! 

Edited by Norry
  • Like 2

Before we ordered the Yeti, the dealer had a pre & FL close together, & whilst we like both, I still think that when you are driving it you dont see the outside, so it is what others see.

Pre FL is A design, Current is a more conservative design & bringing it into line of the brand .

• Like 1