Help me see sense

We'll I was all but ready to order a new vrs to replace my much loved mk2 but one I am starting to doubt myself.

After reading about delivery issues and struggling to find discounts ( shows how popular it is )

I started to think about other options, not helped by the plan b thread :-)

And all of a sudden I am thinking about a leon cupra instead, there is some discount to be had, adaptive dampers as std, extra 60bhp, std sat nav.

In all honesty if u add sat nav take into account discount they the same price.

With two little ones I would really miss the massive boot though :)

HELP.... Confused.

The Seat is a great car. If you do not need the space, practicality and very decent Skoda Finance offers then go for one. The Seat will of course be faster in a straight line and around corners, but it may attract boy racers, higher insurance premiums and heavier deprecation. Tough call, but really depends upon you rate space or performance higher up the priority lust.

Edited by Orville

Not sure how good they are now but; My MkI SEAT Toledo was kak and broke down a lot. My MkI Skoda Fabia isn't and hasn't. HTH :)

I was assuming, maybe incorrectly that as still largely vw running gear it would be similar for reliability.

The Seat is a great car. If you do not need the space, practicality and very decent Skoda Finance offers then go for one. The Seat will of course be faster in a straight line and around corners, but it may attract boy racers, higher insurance premiums and heavier deprecation. Tough call, but really depends upon you rate space or performance higher up the priority lust.

It really is the space thing that is a huge positive for the octavia, plus it has been a nice experience owning one, similar people own them... dealers generally very good etc etc

Re finance... 3 years 0% on the seat at the min.... 

I was in the same boat, was thinking of the Seat Cupra 280 dsg, however after test driving one and hearing the dreaded window seal whistling which I suffered from on both of my MK5 Golf GTI's, I was turned off. Sure the engine and chassis are great, just seemed the build quality was poor and I've had enough of rattling cars and the like!

If you go for the 5 door, it weighs more than the OC3 VRS so once up and running, the torque in the VRS and the reduced weight will negate the advantage the Seat has on power, not all of it, just some of it.

Also, I had a Clio RS 1.6T (63 plate) for a few months and couldn't believe the amount of negative attention it drew from every boy racer wanting to race me! Could the same be said for the Seat? Not sure,...

The last straw was the space though, the VRS's boot and space in the rear (leg room) is just massive and with 3 kids, it was a no brainer.

I ended up getting an ex demo VRS, saving about £5k and paying about £60 a month less and went for the VRS.

It does feel more special to sit in than the Seat and even though it doesn't have the level of kit, it just is simply one of the best cars I have ever owned,..plus having the near same engine as the Cupra will mean the VRS being very tuneable,...