Advice needed 2.0 VRS Petrol

Hi all,

I have being driving Vauxhalls for the past 20 years so i dont know much about other car makers. since my current car has being written off by my insurance company i have looked at other options and im quite keen on the Octavia VRS, what do i need to look for, is it belt or chain driven, what is the interval for these to be changed. anything major to look out for.

Any comments greatfully received.

Phil.

Has a belt mate,i made the same leap from vauxhall to skoda and have no regrets :)

? Only the earlier tfsi engines had a cam belt. The later tsi engine has a cam chain. Think the changeover was circa 2008 but others will advise of exact dates if you need them.

Petrol vRS is a fantastic all-rounder.

What is your likely use of the car going to be? Miles per annum etc?

I must admit I had thought the Teves ABS problems had been sorted out on newer vRS models and so also the AC compressor problems now that climate control leaves the pump on all the time? Great car.

Don't think the abs is a problem anymore but I did have the aircon compressor replaced on my 2010vrs just before the warranty ran out. I've not had any other issues with mine and it's done 55k in just over 3 years...been remapped for 35k of that.

Only facelifts had chain Tsi 2.0 TFSI belt . 

Not necessarily true... the pre-facelift LE version launched beginning 09 had the TSI engine. I am not sure but possibly some of the last built of the pre-facelift in 09 came with TSI???

Not necessarily true... the pre-facelift LE version launched beginning 09 had the TSI engine. I am not sure but possibly some of the last built of the pre-facelift in 09 came with TSI???

I know the LE came with a Tsi but as he did not say he had one, it would only cloud the issue, not that many made either . Not sure I would have wanted a TSI though as 2 of my mates engines destroyed themselves when tensioner went slack, just started them up and bang, on both Skoda UK TRIED to wriggle out of putting a new engine in ! 

I know the LE came with a Tsi but as he did not say he had one, it would only cloud the issue, not that many made either . Not sure I would have wanted a TSI though as 2 of my mates engines destroyed themselves when tensioner went slack, just started them up and bang, on both Skoda UK TRIED to wriggle out of putting a new engine in ! 

I don't think its clouding the issue, Phil (OP) is potently looking at getting a vRS, which the LE is and its out there. I see one near enough everyday that passes me to/from work. True the engine failures is a concern and its a shame Skoda don't admit its an issue.

Teves isn't the end of the world if it goes now anyway.

the part satrted off at £1500 which was scary. now it's about £180.

Unpleasant but not a disaster.