Wash Mit is malting for summer, time for a new one. What to buy?

WookieeM

Had the wash MIT for about 2 years, used just about every week. Sometime on both cars so it's had a good run.

What's out there, recommendations please......

Think a Wookiees Fist may suit me. Need to research think they exist!

My Megs washmit started to degrade after just a few months and was all but useless in less than six months. Bought a Dooka wash pad (and a wheel mitt) on a group buy here over 18 months ago and it's still like new. They are pricey but very effective and last well. I've found it to easier to use than a wash mitt, though that might be down to having small hands that got lost in the oversized Megs mitt I had!

+1 for the Dooka wash pads and wheel mitts - which i have used for a long time now

BUT, the prices have started creeping up and up from my very first purchase/group buy price.

Therefore, I have started testing out some wash mitts from Simon at iShine

Good quality, great price and so far... so good!

10% discount code available too   :thumbup:

http://www.ishinecarcare.co.uk/Flexipads_Merino_Wash_Mitt/p1755065_8405989.aspx

My Megs washmit started to degrade after just a few months and was all but useless in less than six months. Bought a Dooka wash pad (and a wheel mitt) on a group buy here over 18 months ago and it's still like new. They are pricey but very effective and last well. I've found it to easier to use than a wash mitt, though that might be down to having small hands that got lost in the oversized Megs mitt I had!

Mine is over two years old now and its still as good as the day I bought it

Like you, I prefer a wash pad...expensive compared to inferior wash pads and mitts, but worth every penny

Dooka is a wash pad not a mitt that you can slip you hand in but I prefer to hold my mitt rather than putting my hand in. All down to personal preference really, won't get a better wash pad than Dooka I don't think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by MrAndyT

Hmmm, think I prefer a mit. Think I'll drop it! Impossible to drop a mit.

The search widens.....

For what it is worth I cut the thread (and carefully removed all traces) on the obvious sewn end and turned my dooka pad into a mitt. I must admit my main motivation was so that I could turn it inside out for drying but as such it works fine as a mitt or pad. 

Purchased.....cheers all.

Description: Carbon Collective Concours Wash Mitt

Item Price: £ 17.99

Qty: 1

Total: £ 17.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: BWF Mega Mitt Supersize Wash Mitt

Item Price: £ 5.39

Qty: 1

Total: £ 5.39

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Order Qualified for the following Discount(s):

7.5 % discount for Briskoda members

Hmmm, think I prefer a mit. Think I'll drop it! Impossible to drop a mit.

The search widens.....

I thought the same when I got mine but I find it easier than a mit to wring/rince out and because it holds such a lot of suds its very easy to use. So far I've not dropped mine....... they also do smaller ones for the wheels etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...