vRS TDI DSG stalling issue in Eco mode

Hi all VRS owners,

I have not been here for a long time, because I am quite happy with my new vRS since December apart from well-known issue: stalling in Eco mode

Is there a solution for this issue, or at least an official statement from Skoda when will new software update come to solve this issue?

It is very annoying and quite dangerous!

Thanks for all updates.

Brgds,

FGD

Edited by FGD

I take it you have been back to the dealer and they have filed a DISS report to Skoda?

If you haven't, do so, the more people that get dealers to log this officially with Skoda technical the more likely the chance of a fix.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Picked mine up yesterday after it spent the day at the dealership for a software update. So far so good but will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for your reply.

Is this an official software update for this issue or just an experimental playing?

I've had my Mk3 VRS for 6 months now and had the first service yesterday. My problem was that on a few occasions driving in Eco mode (which I don't do on a regular basis) I had a loss of power and the car would only idle. The only way to cure this is to restart the engine, which with a DSG box means that you have to stop, press your foot on the brake and start the car. The last time this happened was on a dual carridgeway with no hard shoulder. I don't usually mention Health & Safety but I think it could be an issue here.

Sinclair Skoda Swansea told me that this is probably the 'mode switch' which they're ordering for me. The dealer also said that they had another DSG that kept switching from Normal to Sport mode.

I'll let you know what happens when they fit the replacement switch.

• Like 1

i had some positive news today on mine.

After much trialling with trying to force the fault I got it to a sweet spot of 46mph where the Coast doesnt re-engage and the box bounces around trying to decide on a gear whlst slowing down to a crawl

My car went in today for a new steering wheel button so while there they tested mine and replicated the fault.  They then tried another VRS tdi DSG and replicated the same fault so they have filed a DISS report with the Skoda Factory.  They are awaiting feedback from the factory but have confirmed my car already had the most up-to-date software on board

They did say that the more people that report it the more chance it will get seriously looked into at the factory for a quicker resolution so if you experience this on yours then please book it in as a fault.

• Like 3

In eco mode the engine automatically cuts out when stopped at traffic lights, etc. to save on fuel.  This is provided the gear lever stays in drive and foot stays on brake pedal, then engine re-starts when pedal is released.  This can be temporarily disabled by pressing the appropriate button (with the letter A inside a circle) just in front of gear lever or, I think, permanently disabled through the setup system.

Mac

I was told by local dealer to leave my car there, to see if there is any software update available.

However I spoke to several dealers, none of them have heard about it, so they have no experience how to manage the problem, but I don't want to leave the car with them just for a day to play with it, until I make sure there is an official solution for the issue.

i had some positive news today on mine.

After much trialling with trying to force the fault I got it to a sweet spot of 46mph where the Coast doesnt re-engage and the box bounces around trying to decide on a gear whlst slowing down to a crawl

My car went in today for a new steering wheel button so while there they tested mine and replicated the fault.  They then tried another VRS tdi DSG and replicated the same fault so they have filed a DISS report with the Skoda Factory.  They are awaiting feedback from the factory but have confirmed my car already had the most up-to-date software on board

They did say that the more people that report it the more chance it will get seriously looked into at the factory for a quicker resolution so if you experience this on yours then please book it in as a fault.

it didnt work out too well in the end.  

The dealer have been very good submitting the DISS report but the factory came back and said see page 157 of the paper manual (its different on the new electronic version).  

The inability and delay in selecting a gear after being around 46mph and coming out of coasting mode is due to ....

Engine (drive)

The accelerator pedal is less responsive to depressing the pedal, and the acceleration is more relaxed than in mode Normal.

I dont quite know how the gearbox not being able to decide on a gear and decelerating to 20mph at times has anything to do with the throttle position when you're frantically pushing it down praying it will re-engage.  Either side of this speed it snaps back into gear in an instant at the slightest touch of the pedal.

So my above advice about contacting your dealer is now mute as page 157 is the explanation youll get from Skoda for this "feature"

Im thinking the only thing to do now is film a video of it occurring on a busy highway and stick it on Skoda's Facebook page to see if it gets response

:(

• 1 month later...