Tow bars and fitters?

Hi

I live in Northamptonshire, can anyone on here recommend a mobile or garage towbar fitter that is genuine and also good value for money?

I have a 2011 Octavia VRS estate and really need a towbar for very ocassional light trailer usage for camping but want one thats as discreet as possible, maybe a detachable one but am really mindful of the price and don't want to go above £400 if I can help it.

Any help and advise on this would be grand.. Ta

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Cheers Mike. Would want a detachable bar as I don't want the tow bar look when not in use on my car (im a little OCD with the way my car looks) Not too worried about sourcing the towbar its just the fitting and the cost of that. Id think most fitters would be similarly priced but I just want to try and find that little gem of a fitter that offers the same service but for less than the £500-600 that I have seen from some quotes!!

Can't see why it should be that high? I know there are a couple of hrs labour involved. But....

£340 I got quoted for a detachable tow bar with electrics for a motorbike trailer.

not skoda "official" tow bar though

where abouts was this??? Not bothered about the fitting being not skoda official! ! Just want a decent detachable bar for as cheap as possible. ..

I think that the price I got was to convert my existing tow bar to detachable but I'm not sure but company seems really good and is called streets installations if it's of any use to anyone. They are a witter and westfalia recommended dealers/fitter.

http://www.streetsinstallations.co.uk/

Edited by Mikek3111

Yeah my local centre want 169.99 + vat to convert it to a detachable one or £60 + vat to remove it. Guess I'll go with the latter.

If you get it removed along with the electrics, let me know please. I am near Spalding, and could tootle over there one day and buy it from you.

where abouts was this??? Not bothered about the fitting being not skoda official! ! Just want a decent detachable bar for as cheap as possible. ..

I just phoned my local tow bar fitter.

phoned another in the area and exact same price.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a removable towball tow hitch fitted to mine and it only cost £290 by local company inc electrics. Great unit and it is lockable also. The electrics socket is on a swivel and tucks up under and out the way. 5yr warranty as we'll and a 12 month check to see if all is ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a removable towball tow hitch fitted to mine and it only cost £290 by local company inc electrics. Great unit and it is lockable also. The electrics socket is on a swivel and tucks up under and out the way. 5yr warranty as we'll and a 12 month check to see if all is ok.

Hi, I'm in Somerset and this sounds a good deal - I need a detachable unit with electrics. Would you mind saying who the company are, or PM me ?

Cheers,

Dunc