Red Mk2 FL VRS

88rsr

• 2 months later...

Had a full Powerflow system done coughdpfremovedcough and oe looking tips on. Sounds quite good for an oil burner. I could have had the map done at the exhaust place but I always take my cars to Chris at CC Tuning when it comes to mapping so it went there the following day. Ended up with 204.5bhp and 286lbft (my Mrs Polo GT makes 312lbft) so was a tiny bit dissapointed with the torque, but on the bright side it shouldn't eat through the clutch at a ridiculous rate while still making reasonable power at only 100mbar above stock boost which is negligible. Better show some pics I guess.

20140627_182252_zpsojdlqlg6.jpg

20140627_182302_zpsvz5bouq3.jpg

20140628_144138_zpshzavfvej.jpg

Looks fantastic. What's your thoughts on the quality of the exhaust. Resonated (middle box) or unresonated?

Would you be able to post a video of the exhaust (car running, revs, etc)?

Finally if you are ok to share how much it cost you could you tell me in a message. Cheers!!

Exhaust is spot on mate, really depends on the dealer and their skills at making them up and welding in which case I'd highly recommend Topgear Performance in Doncaster. It's the second car I've had done by them and a few mates have all had systems done there and I can't fault their work at all. I have a video of the car on the dyno which I'll have to upload but I'd recommend listening through headphones or good speakers, the phone speakers don't do it justice as is the case with many car videos.

I've just got 1 box at the back and to me it's perfect, normal driving it's not that noticeable in the cabin but sounds great at full throttle, ideal if you like a bit of noise but don't want a horrible drone on motorways and A roads.

Price wise it depends entirely what you're having and how many boxes etc and might even vary from dealer to dealer. But expect 500+ if you're having a dummy dpf which looks like one but without the gubbins.

This was the pre map run, didn't get one after the map. I'm going to get a drive by run or something when I get a chance so theres no fans and rollers to kill the noise.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Ok so not had anything major to update really. Got a Columbus in now from Crimbo/Birthday money and a bit I had saved.

Then this weekend I sold the red BBS wheels but have already picked up what will be the replacements which are these...

20150124_115938_zpsspkz79bu.jpg

20150124_115921_zpsvpd4uc6e.jpg

From a VW Touareg, had a set on my previous motor and always fancied another for this one. They need work to be mint but I'm probably going to run them as they are once I can get tyres on, then look at a refurb late on in the year hopefully.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Cheers mate. If I wasnt after 19s I'd still have the red BBS :-(.

Oh and it turns out I do have a couple of pics of the bonnet lifter which I painted the brackets for so it didnt stand out and looks like it should have always been there.

20141015_213432_zpsq0joa5mo.jpg

20141016_183003_zpslzf8aydh.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Love the look of this ! I have a red one also , where did you get the honeycombe grill from ? Superskoda ?

Hi Mate, I didn't get it from superskoda personally but was told it is from there... shame I did a poo job on the paint :D

Always wondered what those wheels would look like on an octi looks lovely

Cheers, I just had to try a set after having some previously. Strangely enough I've acquired 2 sets and have a set in the garage which are gloss black (not really fussed over black wheels but they'll do as a winter set maybe)

Very nice mate. Not normally a fan of aftermarket grills or eyelids but this looks awesome with those on it!  :thumbup:

Looks spot on now imo :)

Cheers guys although the eyelids have come back off for now, if I can attach them slightly better they might go back on but it looks just as good without.

• Like 1

Well that's a nice motor!!! ;)

Gonna have to get mine sorted now :(

Love the painted bracket like you say it will make it look like it's always been fitted :)

Cheers, a few guys who got the bonnet strut kit noticed a slight difference in the bonnet height when closed with it fitted and I guess I can see where they are coming from but you really really have to look for it (must only be a couple of mm) and the function over form wins out in this case, put it this way no-ones commented on my bonnet being wonky :D  probably notice the stone chips more.

Oh and just a post to show its not all new wheels and grilles lol.

2 separate incidents where I've had things hit the car...

The first on the way back home from Torquay on the M5, a Jeep of some form was passing me in the right hand lane when the exhaust seemed to explode and shot bits everywhere including at my car, 

20150606_103943_zps5ubxx3st.jpg

The second was only last Friday on the way home from work, I thought it was a piece of wood but after checking my cam footage a piece of ratchet strap was flicked up and did this lot :'(  the scuffs on the screen (which was new only last November) broken wiper and the paint damage on the lower A-Pillar

20150718_093512_zpsrfrzffsp.jpg

20150718_093523_zpstovggv2r.jpg

Annoyingly this wont get sorted as I cant afford it right now (Ideally would want the whole car doing as there's other areas that aren't great) but ahh well, things could always be worse... I think