2015-model

Looks from this the Octavia isn't getting engine changes that the Seat Leon is getting

On S and SE 1.2 105bhp dropped for a new 1.2 with 110bhp

On SE 1.4 140bhp dropped for a new 1.4 with 125bhp

On FR 1.4 140bhp changed for a 1.4 150bhp with ACT

Something to do with Euro VI I believe.

Well after much too'ing and fro'ing I have finally got confirmed that Electric Seats, Heated/Folding Mirrors and Cornering Fogs are added to my order... I thought I had this before, but then customer services stepped in and said I had to pay MY15 prices if I add MY15 options...

The cost, well that wasn't pretty, ended up paying MY15 prices (minus my previously agreed percentage discount), so it added about £1100 to the order :/

But as my Wife and I will be sharing it, the electric memory seats will be key feature.

I did manage to keep the 2.9% APR finance though. All in all it only adds £30pcm to the PCP so it's not too bad.

league times

Octavia vRS worldwide capacity is very low. The UK receives a proportion of this each week but, because production volumes are low, vehicles are not currently showing scheduled build weeks. We will clear the backlog as quickly as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a picture of the Super sport steering wheel in my new Octavia Elegance 2015-mod.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/gallery/image/6043-super-sport-steering-wheel/

I got the picture from my dealer. Maybe it is "too much" in an Elegance version, but i think it looks great as of now. It will be interesting to see how it feels. Picking it up next week!

So it is flat bottom on normal models as well? I though it was only on vrs models.

Not sure I like it, since elegance version is not really a "sports car"..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

As I see it hasn't been completely clarified if the flat bottom steering wheel is standard on RS.

I just got the confirmation from my dealer: yes, it is standard for MY15 Octavia RS.

Waiting for mine really much :)  Green TDI Combi RS with panoramic roof

Flat bottom wheel is standard on vRS and optional on SE and Elegance.

Note, however, the wheel currently being fitted on the vRS is the optional Supersport MFSW and not the true vRS wheel (you will notice those currently being delivered are all missing the vRS badge in the bottom spoke).

According to another post the vRS badges for the FBSW (which are obviously different to the ones on the previous 'round' wheel) are not available until BW34. Customers in Germany are apparently getting them [the badges] retro fitted when available, but there's no news as to whether this will also happen for UK customers or in other countries.

It's no biggie as far as I'm concerned… I can live without it, but will pose the question to SUK when I next speak to them as I would prefer if the retro fit option exists to have the wheel as it should truly be, with the vRS logo.

Flat bottom wheel is standard on vRS and optional on SE and Elegance.

Note, however, the wheel currently being fitted on the vRS is the optional Supersport MFSW and not the true vRS wheel (you will notice those currently being delivered are all missing the vRS badge in the bottom spoke).

According to another post the vRS badges for the FBSW (which are obviously different to the ones on the previous 'round' wheel) are not available until BW34. Customers in Germany are apparently getting them [the badges] retro fitted when available, but there's no news as to whether this will also happen for UK customers or in other countries.

It's no biggie as far as I'm concerned… I can live without it, but will pose the question to SUK when I next speak to them as I would prefer if the retro fit option exists to have the wheel as it should truly be, with the vRS logo.

The uk spec MY15 at Goodwood had the badge on the FBSW, so they do currently exist.....

The uk spec MY15 at Goodwood had the badge on the FBSW, so they do currently exist.....

Yeah.. I've noticed that from the Goodwood pics posted by various Briskoda members and on other sites, as well as in a couple of other general marketing pics flying around on the net.

The MY15 vRS's seem to be appearing hard and fast on the forum now (a lot of the long-waiting people like myself who ordered in December finally seeing their vehicles coming through), but every pic I've seen posted so far of the vRS FBSW's being received is badge-less… so another one of those Skoda stock glitches it would seem! 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.. I've noticed that from the Goodwood pics posted by various Briskoda members and on other sites, as well as in a couple of other general marketing pics flying around on the net.

The MY15 vRS's seem to be appearing hard and fast on the forum now (a lot of the long-waiting people like myself who ordered in December finally seeing their vehicles coming through), but every pic I've seen posted so far of the vRS FBSW's being received is badge-less… so another one of those Skoda stock glitches it would seem! 

I had a look, but could not find the pics you speak of. You got a link mate?

I had a look, but could not find the pics you speak of. You got a link mate?

There's a pic here on thread 636, although not a very clear one.

Will have a look and see if I can find the post, but there's definitely one on here somewhere with a really good pic which I seem to recall was taken of the vRS at Goodwood.

There's a pic here on thread 636, although not a very clear one.

Will have a look and see if I can find the post, but there's definitely one on here somewhere with a really good pic which I seem to recall was taken of the vRS at Goodwood.

No vRS badge on that one though...

Yeah! But that's got light in it, lights cost big money.. My main concern is making my car go round corners. I just can't get my head round why ANYONE would pay three hundred quid for a steering wheel with the same functionality.. but with a flat bit on the bottom.

Yeah! But that's got light in it, lights cost big money.. My main concern is making my car go round corners. I just can't get my head round why ANYONE would pay three hundred quid for a steering wheel with the same functionality.. but with a flat bit on the bottom.

Same reason people buy leather seats.  Or anything else that's not on a basic car... because it makes the interior look nicer / feel more special (or sporty or whatever).  Do you never spend a little more for something that you think is a little 'better' (where 'better' can mean one of a million things)?

• Like 1

Same reason people buy leather seats.  Or anything else that's not on a basic car... because it makes the interior look nicer / feel more special (or sporty or whatever).  Do you never spend a little more for something that you think is a little 'better' (where 'better' can mean one of a million things)?

Probably, but I would stop at three hundred for a few inches of flat bit if I had the round one with the same functions.

Here's a pic of my wheel. Car delivered yesterday. I was surprised when I had a message from the dealer a few weeks ago telling me that I would now have a MY15 car which would come with certain upgrades, which included cruise control. I thought this was standard across the range so I'm glad I've got it as I'd be well miffed if it had come without. No idea what else differentiates it from a MY14.

I quite like the flat bottomed steering wheel, it doesn't detract from the important the job the steering wheel does, which is steer the car, and having the flat bottom means I can balance a pint in my lap without taking the head off it whilst easily holding a burger in my other hand.

;)

muhabugu.jpg

• Like 4