Extended Warranty worth it?

Let's face it the insurers that offer this service do so to generate profit, you could pay in for two years and make no claims, or make claims that are less than the premiums.......or you could have a very expensive failure on the car that makes you thank The Lord that you took the policy out. That's assuming your claims are covered by the policy.

My advice is to keep a dealer service history and if a part fails look for a good will gesture.

I've never taken an "extended warranty" out on anything, I've saved a fortune by doing this.

My only proviso would be is that you are in a position to be able to fund a big repair should the unforeseen happen.

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

In just an insurance policy, so it really depends on how you view these.

I don't bother because I know that overall they collect all the money, cream off a profit and pay for repairs.

But there is a chance you could have a repair needed that costs more.

It's completely down to the buyer and your opinion of risk.

• Like 1

It's just insurance and works the same way as any other.

Of course the insurer makes a profit over ALL the policies, but you have to remember that doesn't mean that the cost of YOUR repairs will be less than the policy costs.

If YOUR house burns down, the insurer makes a big loss on YOUR policy, but as most houses don't burn down, they make a profit over ALL the policies.

You need to think of it that way. You do get repair management and a hire car (depends on policy) but otherwise, you don't usually get any special treatment.

• Like 1

Manual 1.2TSI - I'd take the chance. I took the extended warranty on my vRS but only in case there's a problem with the DSG - if it had been a manual I wouldn't have bothered.

• Like 1